Mowing Tractor problem or shredder issue?

/ Tractor problem or shredder issue?
Air filter seems fine, but I'll just get a new one & check on that suction hose.
Lift pump? What am I looking for? Is this something I can check or is this for pros.
Thanks for the suggestions.

/ Tractor problem or shredder issue? #12  
Air intakehose wil collapes with increase of revs and a blocked airfilter .
Not enough fuel is your problem ! with 850 h on tractor have you replaced your fuelfilter ?

/ Tractor problem or shredder issue? #14  
Are you running your tractor at the correct RPM for the shredder? That's very important--run the engine at rated RPM, and control the speed with gears.

Running at what seems max. My RPMs won't go past the "540" mark on my tach. I think that's like 2000 actual RPMs

/ Tractor problem or shredder issue? #16  
Make sure the brush hog is set up so that when you're mowing, the front of the mower is an inch or two lower than the rear. That keeps the blades from continually mowing the same grass. The front cuts it, and it gets thrown out the back.

I will make sure to try that. Thank you. I'll let y'all know if it helps

/ Tractor problem or shredder issue? #18  
People have touched on fuel and air delivery, and angling the deck forward to cut once... what kind of shape are the blades in though? They shouldn't be sharp for sure, but if they're rounded right off blunt, cut speed and quality drop off. Are you getting big windrows showing up after cutting? The leading face should be more or less flat and have an edge beveled back along the blade--like a trapezoid ideally, to pinch off the small material against. Not sharp, but not round either. Usually touch-up is flattening the face again, and trying to remove equal material from each.

/ Tractor problem or shredder issue? #19  
Running at what seems max. My RPMs won't go past the "540" mark on my tach. I think that's like 2000 actual RPMs

TractorData.com shows the operating RPM of that tractor to be 2500 RPM. If it won't rev to 2500 RPM under light or no load, there is a problem and you can't get to max power of the tractor.

Also, the type grass you are trying to cut has a lot to do with what gear you attack it with. Here we have a lot of Bahaya (sp?) and it is tough when it gets 2' high and thick close to the ground. If your tractor is getting proper fuel and you are overworking (lugging) the engine the exhaust should begin to show black smoke as the engine chokes down.

So I had a chance to check angling the deck with little change.