Tractor Pull!!

/ Tractor Pull!! #11  
It all comes down to tractive force. Thats why a 35 HP 4x4 tractor with real R1 tires can out pull pull a 300 HP pick up truck. You will figure this out when or if you have ever tried to pull a stump or hedges out with both. Look at the tractors of 100 years ago, like the Oil Pull. These tractors were as big as trains and weighed as much but made only 12-30 HP and pulled 12 bottom plows through virgin land.

Chris

/ Tractor Pull!! #12  
The weight difference if it is in the wrong place might be enough to allow the massy more of a chance then you might think. Balance is everything to making them work.

It shouldn't be able to if everything is right but it could, seen it before.

/ Tractor Pull!! #13  
The weight difference if it is in the wrong place might be enough to allow the massy more of a chance then you might think. Balance is everything to making them work.

It shouldn't be able to if everything is right but it could, seen it before.

Yep! and.....the surface you'd be pulling on could make a considerable difference too. Nothing says both tractors will be on equal footing. Which ever one gets the first bit of "pull" is gonna move the other one. Bottom line though, there's a better than not chance SOMETHING is gonna get broke.....

/ Tractor Pull!! #14  
LAWALLSTRACTOR;1725065 Well I shut up all of those Deere lovers for a while said:
Good Afternoon Galen,
Thanks , great story ! :D

/ Tractor Pull!! #15  
Is your mahindra 4x4? Either way I'd put my money on the Mahindra

/ Tractor Pull!! #16  
I would tell someone to hold my beer and watch this, then Pull him all the way home.

/ Tractor Pull!!
Nope 2 wheel drive.

/ Tractor Pull!! #18  
There is no way he is going to out pull you. Make the bet worth while and do it so you can shut him up. Something like mow your yard for a year should do it. Just a example but my 28HP Jinma with a FEL that weighs 5,200# with a Bush Hog on the rear will out pull my neighbors Ford 961 Powermaster 2 times over. His tractor is 50 HP.

Chris

I just don't see how a 28HP jinma can out pull a 50HP Ford. :confused:

I'll hook up with yours if you will mow all my grass for a year. :D

But noway would I hook up against Farmwithjunk... He would pull me from Eastern KY to Western KY. :D

/ Tractor Pull!! #19  
I would agree hook up to a common large object and move it for distance much like a normal tractor pull

/ Tractor Pull!! #20  
I just don't see how a 28HP jinma can out pull a 50HP Ford. :confused:

I'll hook up with yours if you will mow all my grass for a year. :D

But noway would I hook up against Farmwithjunk... He would pull me from Eastern KY to Western KY. :D

Extenuating circumstances........ Heads up, equal weight, equal traction, equal operators and the Ford drags the Jimna backwards. That particular "old Ford" model is a good puller.

And that brings me to another point. SOME tractors are just more naturally inclined to brute force pulling than others. There are a few notoriously successful models on the pulling track. There are a few (from just about every brand) that aren't very impressive when seem along side the good ones.

HP(torque)XweightXbalanceXoperatorX"reading" the trackXwheelbase&track widthXground speed/tire speed. Then, whoever drops the clutch first gets bonus points! Hydro guys, clutch tractors do MUCH better at competitive tractor pulling. he he he. Longer wheelbase tend to keep the front end "grounded" in a hard pull. They also make better advantage of front weight when the front end lifts. (Holds true for 2wd or 4wd) And, like SO many things, there's more to the art of tractor pulling than first meets the eye. A GOOD operator can offset all sorts of disadvantages.

I've seen 2 pairs of 4wd pick ups chained bumper to bumper, and one pair of tractors. All three instances resulted in good sales weeks for the parts guys. (rear diff on truck, tranny grenaded on truck, broken rear axle on 806IH when it started to wheel hop BIG TIME)

Only way I'll hook on to anything right now is if it's in the barn! Monsoon rains at the moment.