/ Tractor Pulls #1  

Charlie175

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2015 gear
Anyone here Pull?
If so what and how does it do?

/ Tractor Pulls #2  
I used to pull Cub Cadets. Like so many powersport hobbies, how well you pull today is directly proportional to the amount of $$$ you can invest in the hobby.

Great example: We had Kohler 14hp engines turning about 20-22hp in stock class. Today you can have a 16hp single cylinder Kohler cranked up to over 60+hp on alcohol. The skies the limit!

I WILL say that I've seen a lot of hydros pull successfully in the lower classes. The old Sundstrand 15 Series transmissions could have their reliefs defeated, which turned the machine into quite the versatile puller. As soon as you hit super-stock or higher, most everyone jumped to gear drives for efficiency.

/ Tractor Pulls #3  
Speaking of Tractor Pulls.......are any members attending the Greensburg Indiana pull this year?

/ Tractor Pulls
Neat stuff, locally the fair runs the big and little ones side by side on parallel tracks. That way you get to watch both and have less "down" time between pullers.

/ Tractor Pulls #5  
I'm going to the local Utica Fest pull this weekend, I'll take some pics for you guys. I threatened my boys to enter my 32 horse Kubota, they're stealing the key so as not to suffer humiliation :D

How about some pics from last year's truck pull :D :D

Attachments

• DSCN3958.jpg
    DSCN3958.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 1,775
  • DSCN3960.jpg
    DSCN3960.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 1,457
  • DSCN3962.jpg
    DSCN3962.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 510
  • DSCN3970.jpg
    DSCN3970.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 1,465
   / Tractor Pulls #6  
love the dentsides...hurts to see one like that even for fun..grin

/ Tractor Pulls #7  
I bet that made for a lot of happy Chevy guys.

/ Tractor Pulls #9  
So why are there not any tractor pulls for newer 4wd compacts, are the antique guys going to be embarased. I have a small 4wd Kubota, same drawbar pull as a Farmall C, but I think the diesel engine would out pull it. Any thoughts. If I had more time and money I would like promote compact tractor pulls, not garden tractor, but compact tractor.

/ Tractor Pulls #10  
Wouldn't really be fair, pulling a newer diesel compact against 40/50 year old gas tractors;although it just might prove interesting, if the compacts were not allowed to use their mfwd. This old iron never ceases to amaze me. A friend pulls a couple Farmalls; a 200 in the 35/4500# class and a 560 in the 8,500/10,000# class and when those are over, if there aren't a bunch of bigger tractors,we'll throw every piece of iron left at the 560 and pull the 12,500 class, somewhat successfully. Just amazing what some of that (old) stuff will do;)