Tractor Pulls

/ Tractor Pulls #11  
So why are there not any tractor pulls for newer 4wd compacts, are the antique guys going to be embarased. I have a small 4wd Kubota, same drawbar pull as a Farmall C, but I think the diesel engine would out pull it. Any thoughts. If I had more time and money I would like promote compact tractor pulls, not garden tractor, but compact tractor.

It sounds like you haven't been around antiques very much. I used nothing newer than 1950 for along time before buying my first modern tractor. Most likely the 4wd wouldn't do you any good as when you get traction and draft on the drawbar the front wheels will be off the ground anyway. Next your Kubota has little small tires compared to the antiques. Last do you realize the power they are getting out those oldies now? I know H's are over 100HP and M's are close to or over 200HP. I know a guy that pulled a 300 utility that had more than 200HP. You would get stomped for sure.

/ Tractor Pulls #12  
Ah, yes redneck fun. Who says farmers don't make any money??

Attachments

• DSCN0565_2.jpg
    DSCN0565_2.jpg
    268.8 KB · Views: 180
  • DSCN0563.jpg
    DSCN0563.jpg
    260.9 KB · Views: 197
  • DSCN0561.jpg
    DSCN0561.jpg
    249.4 KB · Views: 201
  • DSCN0559.jpg
    DSCN0559.jpg
    256.5 KB · Views: 219
  • DSCN0558.jpg
    DSCN0558.jpg
    234.7 KB · Views: 167
  • DSCN0557.jpg
    DSCN0557.jpg
    234.6 KB · Views: 171
  • DSCN0555.jpg
    DSCN0555.jpg
    309.5 KB · Views: 177
  • DSCN0554.jpg
    DSCN0554.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 191
  • DSCN0551.jpg
    DSCN0551.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 187
   / Tractor Pulls
how the heck you get that much power from those tractors?

Around here you can run the stock farm class or the light mod farm class.

/ Tractor Pulls
You can't do that in our local pulls unless you run the modified class.
They use a RPM monitor and check the motors before pulling.

What people do is turn up their fuel pumps or install a larger turbo if originally equipped.

/ Tractor Pulls #16  
I was referring to gas engines naturally aspirated. Antiques have to be stock appearing in my area and they have found ways to get enormous power from 200-300cu 4cylinder motors.

/ Tractor Pulls #18  
skargo said:
This is a video of me getting 3rd place in my 2nd pull with my Cummins ram, I am the 2nd truck to run in the video.

Small world. Figures that this thread would flush out another TDR member!

Nice pull! (Although I think it breaks some by-law somewhere that says pulls need to be run during the day so the smoke shows up on video :cool: :D )

PC12driver

/ Tractor Pulls #19  
I actually found out some tractor pulling clubs do have compact tractor pulling classes 2 and 4wd . 2000 lb classes so that would eliminate most antique tractors as they could not get down that low. Maybe a Farmall Cub. They said they had a fun turnout pulling dead weight sleds.

/ Tractor Pulls #20  
Smokin Diesel said:
Small world. Figures that this thread would flush out another TDR member!

Nice pull! (Although I think it breaks some by-law somewhere that says pulls need to be run during the day so the smoke shows up on video :cool: :D )

PC12driver
I hear you. The pulls at Mason Dixon Fairgrounds run late usually, the one last month they ran till 2 am! :eek:

I'm pulling again on 9/27.

I have let my TDR membership lapse, I really miss the mags.