Tractor Pulls

/ Tractor Pulls
Local pull the old JD's ruled the roost. Surprising how well the A's and G's pull. sadly the CA and WD Allis's didn't do squat.

Best pull came from a Massey Harris 99, he out pulled the others by a good margin.

and the final 8,000lb class was won by a Minneapolis MVI, which as a beast.

/ Tractor Pulls #22  
   / Tractor Pulls #23  
I thought you guys might like this. Classic tractor pulling. Farmall, Deere, and International. They usually have quite a variety; plenty of Allis Chalmers as well, and even a couple Minneapolis-Molines and Massey Fergusons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqhuZp0uhmA

And a couple shots of the recovery tractor, an Oliver 2050. That thing barely broke a sweat until the very end!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNLqAgrj_sQ

These are the pulls that I enjoy. Real tractors right out of the field.

I respect modified classes, but watching purpose built trailer queens is repetitive and monotonous.

/ Tractor Pulls #24  
So why are there not any tractor pulls for newer 4wd compacts, are the antique guys going to be embarased. I have a small 4wd Kubota, same drawbar pull as a Farmall C, but I think the diesel engine would out pull it. Any thoughts. If I had more time and money I would like promote compact tractor pulls, not garden tractor, but compact tractor.
The old tractors will stomp on your modern 4x4 tractor in pulling power. 4x4 won't help anyway since the front wheels are in the air. The old tractors were built for only one purpose. That is pulling.

/ Tractor Pulls #25  
Small world. Figures that this thread would flush out another TDR member! Nice pull! (Although I think it breaks some by-law somewhere that says pulls need to be run during the day so the smoke shows up on video :cool: :D ) PC12driver
I like the night pulls on a track with lights. That way everything goes black for a few seconds after the diesels pull. Has anyone been to the indoor pull in Louisville Kentucky?