Tractor Recomends

/ Tractor Recomends #21  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">(
I have been looking around for a compact tractor for some and even done some reviewing here on TBN. I have 15 acres of which 7 is wooded, 3 is brush and 5 is yard. So a good finish mower is required along with a brush hog. Will also do some cleanup up of the woodland also. I am thinking about a 30 hp would be good for the brush and even in the woods but how large of finish mower can I go with a 30 hp. 72" wide is what I am told and thinking but even at that it will take some time to mow weekly.

Any suggestions would be helpful for size.

)</font>

What is your budget? We love to spend people's money but we need to know how much we can spend. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Tractor Recomends #22  
Rick-O

I know it sounds unbelievable to a fellow Buckeye, but in the 7th post on the first page it sounds like his budget is not a problem. I get the impression that he's just looking for the best tractor for his needs and isn't worried about the price very much. "... the boss said to just go get it."

I wish I was in that position. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Tractor Recomends
One of the local dealers in the area brought out a Kioti CK30HST for us to try. Seems to be a nice operating tractor. However, I am concerned with the fact that it did not start when he brought it out. He said it started right up at the shop but was in the showroom. The temperatures around here are around 30 degrees. He said it sat on the trailer for about 2 hours before he came out to our place. We pushed it inside and about 4 hours later we tried it and it started right up. Isn't 30 degrees a little warm for a diesel to not start? It sure had a nice comfortable platform/operating console though.

Is there just something messed up on this one or is this what I would expect from a compact? We sure don't have trouble like that with our other diesels.

Nate

/ Tractor Recomends #25  
My little Kubota doesn't have a block heater, just old fashioned glow plugs. It starts pretty well, even at sub-zero temperatures. A new tractor should start readily at 30. Did he heat it 20 seconds or so to warm up the plugs or just crank it? If the latter, you have a salesman who doesn't know his stuff, and I'd stay clear of him. If the former, there's something wrong with the tractor.

I had a salesman do something similar, but then he figured out that he needed to be on the seat to allow it to start. When he sat on it, it started right away. I was not impressed by his product knowledge.

/ Tractor Recomends #26  
Okay, it's official. I traded up to a GL5030 HST (thanks for all the input, CT_Tree_Guy). John has recommended that I change my user name to "5030tinkerer". /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

So...I have a GL3830 HST with 723 loader and HD Bucket available. I am the second owner. It was purchased new in Dec 2003 and has about 130 hours on it. Basically show room condition. The PTO and 3 point have never been used (I have all of the links, of course). I am in the Des Moines area, about 3.5 hours south of you. PM me if you have interest.

I also have a near new (about 5 hours on it) Kubota mid mount mower as well as a new (not yet installed) mid PTO for this to work.

The unit has R4's on it, but I also happen to have a set of turf tires for it.

I think this answers all of your needs and allows me to make an easy transition to the new machine. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I know this isn't the classifieds forum - hope I'm not talking out of school here.

/ Tractor Recomends #27  
5030tinkerer:

That was quite a coincidence that you just posted that; quite a coincidence indeed. I was just looking at this thread about 10 minutes ago, thinking that your 3830 might just be a good machine for natural.

He's mentioned a TC33, and an 84" RFM. Sounds like the 3830 just might fit in there somewhere.

PS A tractor really should start right up at 30 degrees F.

/ Tractor Recomends
Dealer found air in the line. Seems to work ok now. Boss said to send it back. Being it was mostly used for mowing he was concerned about the weight even with turf tires. So whe will continue to look. Kind of a shame I liked it.

Nate

/ Tractor Recomends #29  
natural -

I recently learned a very valuable lesson about not being too quick to judge any tractor make or model, or particular tractor, based on one, or even two, or even three "little" problems. Or even ones that seem "big" at the time but have a reasonable explanation and are easily fixed (especially ones that occur under warranty). Kiotis are growing on me, and I'd hate to see that tractor ruled out just because of a problem that could happen to any tractor. Maybe someone ran it out of fuel and it didn't get bled properly? I've seldom heard of air getting into a fuel line any other way. I think those are really sweet tractors, and now you've got me curious. I'm wondering if Kioti loaders are a little stronger than those on "comparable" side due to the beefiness of the tractors they're mounted on? You're going to need some ooomph if you venture into the woods ....

Anyway, I hate to see you rule anything out based on a little glitch like that, especially if you kinda liked it ..... Sounds like it is not indicative at all of Kiotis - and as I'm fond of saying, anyone can screw up the finest machine in the world in 3 seconds flat.

Keep us posted on your progress. Just remember - if it doesn't hurt, you haven't spent enough! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

John

/ Tractor Recomends #30  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Just remember - if it doesn't hurt, you haven't spent enough! )</font>
24.gif