Tractor Recommendation

/ Tractor Recommendation #61  
I just serviced a JD 790 and the dealer didn't seem to remember that model. I had to go back twice for more fluid and filters.

Tractor was absolutely horrible in every way compared to my 1626 Mahindra.

My 1626 has has two issues in 1025 hours. Tach cable broke at 890 and pto solenoid failed at 1010. Had both parts in less than a week.

It's never been back to dealer since I bought it.

I used a Kubota L2501 as well. Wasn't impressed with it either. I did like that it was a 4 cylinder but that was it.

/ Tractor Recommendation #62  
I used a Kubota L2501 as well. Wasn't impressed with it either. I did like that it was a 4 cylinder but that was it.
The L01 series were very unrefined and antiquated. It was the reason I never seriously considered one or bought one. Kubota lacked refinement for a long time. It's just been the last year that they are finally getting their act together. I don't know what took them so long. As I stated in another post, they weren't my first, second or even third choice when I first started shopping for a tractor.

/ Tractor Recommendation #63  
The L01 series were very unrefined and antiquated. It was the reason I never seriously considered one or bought one. Kubota lacked refinement for a long time. It's just been the last year that they are finally getting their act together. I don't know what took them so long. As I stated in another post, they weren't my first, second or even third choice when I first started shopping for a tractor.
Yep, they need to get it together for sure. Especially since the 1626 is also a Japanese built tractor with A LOT more features for A LOT less money than the L2501. Not to mention no treadle pedal on the hydro and a shuttle shift on the gear drive.

Kubota just "updated" the L3301 and 3901 but not the 2501.

Guess they're selling enough to not care.

/ Tractor Recommendation #64  
Kubota just "updated" the L3301 and 3901 but not the 2501.

Guess they're selling enough to not care.
They finally updated it this year but it won't be available until next spring. They announced it at the annual dealer meeting this year. You can find a video of it on YT.

/ Tractor Recommendation #65  
They finally updated it this year but it won't be available until next spring. They announced it at the annual dealer meeting this year. You can find a video of it on YT.
I honestly could care less. Unless it's an amazing list of updates and a big price drop, which I doubt, I don't see the draw.

/ Tractor Recommendation #66  
I honestly could care less. Unless it's an amazing list of updates and a big price drop, which I doubt, I don't see the draw.
I wouldn't go that far, they improved it but you are probably better off keeping what you have. You seem to be happy with it and that's all that matters.

/ Tractor Recommendation #67  
I wouldn't go that far, they improved it but you are probably better off keeping what you have. You seem to be happy with it and that's all that matters.
If anything,I'm sure it's cosmetics. I doubt the tractor itself is any different.

/ Tractor Recommendation #68  
If anything,I'm sure it's cosmetics. I doubt the tractor itself is any different.
Sounds like you have it nailed. From what I read vs the 01 series, the 02 adds standard rubberized floor mats, independent PTO on the HST, available arm rests and improved styling.

/ Tractor Recommendation #69  
The L2501 is a very basic tractor indeed. But it's still a very popular model. Some people are drawn to the Simplicity and even the standard gear transmission. The reason Kubota sells so many is because of their reputation.

/ Tractor Recommendation #70  
Kubota makes a good tractor. They could use some ergonomic improvement for the NA market. Basically we are bigger people than their operator models. :p
In my MX tractor when I turn to use the gannon my knees are in the controls. I guess it was designed to be operated by an owl.
I think the rear controls are designed to set and forget but that is not how it works. I'm 6ft 195# and I find the gear and rear controls too close to the seat.