Tractor rollover death in Arkansas

/ Tractor rollover death in Arkansas #11  
Ok, smart *****. I try and check spelling for proper use. Ravens is what this stupid cellphone changed my word to. Ravines......... ivegotcppyspellchelcautocomleteonmycelfine.
Get over it. Be safe and quit nitpicking.

Lighten up. We're with you on this one, not against you. Cell phones and "smart" tech sometimes get the best of us. Hapopen to me earl the term.... :laughing:

/ Tractor rollover death in Arkansas #12  
Ok, smart *****. I try and check spelling for proper use. Ravens is what this stupid cellphone changed my word to. Ravines......... ivegotcppyspellchelcautocomleteonmycelfine.
Get over it. Be safe and quit nitpicking.
Yes, I also picked up on "ravens" and immediately figured you must have meant ravines and was nothing to comment about. I don't understand why such a big deal was made of it. :confused3:

/ Tractor rollover death in Arkansas #13  
I met Jim a couple of times at community events. Nice guy. The area where the accident happened is "flinty" soil cut up with shallow, steep ravines. I don't have any info on how it transpired though. This area is a relatively hazardous place in general to operate heavy equipment.

/ Tractor rollover death in Arkansas #14  
It was humorous because it said there are a lot of ravens and can be dangerous....

attachment.php

Attachments

• 6CC17E17-9274-4823-9A3A-02C4E9020996.jpeg
    6CC17E17-9274-4823-9A3A-02C4E9020996.jpeg
    82.7 KB · Views: 310
   / Tractor rollover death in Arkansas #15  
Good grief, people. Have a laugh once in a while. :)

/ Tractor rollover death in Arkansas #16  
Good grief, people. Have a laugh once in a while. :)

Yeah but what about the ravines?? I'm guessing they didn't think it was funny!!!! ;)

/ Tractor rollover death in Arkansas #17  
Yeah but what about the ravines?? I'm guessing they didn't think it was funny!!!! ;)

Kinda funny, the word "ravine". We had a ravine near our house growing up. Supposedly, it's where the French explorer LaSalle came up the river from Lake Michigan and met with the local native Americans at the Council Oak Tree about 1/4 mile away. The area was a portage between the great lakes watershed and the Mississippi river watershed via the Grand Kankakee marsh.

Anyhow, back to the word "ravine".

When you're a kid, and you tell someone "Let's go down to the lake through the ravine", most kids don't have a clue what a ravine is. It was like secret code to kids that lived in our neighborhood. There were 4 ravines and when we were ditching some adult(for various nefarious reasons), we'd yell something like "RAVINE 3!" and we'd all scatter. It sounded like nonsense when yelled fast. Kinda like a football play called out by the quarterback. Then there'd be 4-5 kids running in different directions. One of us would inevitably get caught, but the others would escape and meet at ravine 3, then contemplate the fate of the captured. :laughing:

/ Tractor rollover death in Arkansas #18  
Ravines are also great places to dig for history. They are natural dumping grounds from the first native Americans right up to today. We'd find arrowheads, spear points, garbage, pots, pans, bottles, cans, car parts, etc.... great places to explore as a kid. Received many a tetanus shot because of things in ravines as well, like boards with rusty nails, sheets of old metal, farm implements...

/ Tractor rollover death in Arkansas #19  
If you have a really good ravine you may even find an entire car there along with the bottles, cans, etc. !