tractor tipping question

/ tractor tipping question #62  
I have a feeling that I would want to steer clear of some of you guys and your tractor operations…..
You wouldn't even want to be around when I move stuff, hanging from chain, with the little knuckleboom crane? Then the very soft 4-wheel suspension is at its best.

Ironically, on that one I can hydraulically lock the front suspension. That's meant for when using the forklift, though.

/ tractor tipping question #63  
Or helps keep them upright.
Correct. Shifting the center of gravity back towards center, by doing something like swinging the backhoe boom uphill or opposite the weight of an uneven load, helps to keep the machine upright.

/ tractor tipping question #64  
Ah, I just knew I had basic physics on my side.

Well, unless I'm in the larger backhoe and it's the right side that's high (it's LHD).

/ tractor tipping question #65  
Ah, I just knew I had basic physics on my side.

Well, unless I'm in the larger backhoe and it's the right side that's high (it's LHD).
:unsure: I am so confused. What "side" are you talking about?

/ tractor tipping question #66  
Just messing with you a bit.

Guess I could've mentioned that my larger backhoes are 2-seaters, so if the right side is the uphill side, then the basic physics (backhoe deployed and swung to the high side) are not on my side. Right?

/ tractor tipping question #69  
Just messing with you a bit.

Guess I could've mentioned that my larger backhoes are 2-seaters, so if the right side is the uphill side, then the basic physics (backhoe deployed and swung to the high side) are not on my side. Right?
The physics are the same regardless. Having two seats doesn't change the basic principle. Still don't know what your "side" is. My "side" is that, if a machine can pivot on the axle, it will tilt downhill or to it's heavy side. Do you disagree with the bolded sentence?