tractor won't start

/ tractor won't start #11  
going to dealer to buy new battery.

Dealer is likely the MOST expensive place to buy a battery!
Measure your battery size, and go to Walmart.
Buy proper size EverStart MAXX.
Best bang for the buck in batteries!.

/ tractor won't start
wire brushed all connection/grounds. Did the same on starter. Found fuses, wire brushed and applied dialectric grease. Installed battery, turned key, and nothing. Will probably call dealer. I need the tractor out of the way when contractor come to re-build my burned down shed. (insurance is paying) I also need it to finish cord wood and multiple other chores. Sigh.
My multi meter stopped working after I tested the battery, which tested bad, so I was ok with replacing the battery. I will replace the fuse in it and see if that restores it. If not, I'll get another one. It was a cheap radio shack unit.
Such is life

/ tractor won't start
Dealer battery was $105. Needed some other stuff, so did all in one stop. Never had good luck with walmart batteries.
Anyway, the tractor wouldn't start because of the PTO safety switch. My son got on it and turned the key to the start position and yanked the PTO lever back, and it fired right up. :) I guess I will have to adjust it now. Any pointers on that?
My next problem is the fan pulley. I will post a new thread after I do a little research.
Thank you for your input.
Dan