Tractor worked on by dealer today & won't turn off!!!

/ Tractor worked on by dealer today & won't turn off!!! #1  

kubota shifty

Tractor
kubota 43h
i had maintenance done on my tractor today and went to move it into the workshop and it won't turn off! I disconnected the battery and it is still running. What else can I try? Help!

/ Tractor worked on by dealer today & won't turn off!!! #2  
Cover the air intake and starve it of oxygen

/ Tractor worked on by dealer today & won't turn off!!! #3  
Has to be diesel so if you must push/pull a knob to start and kill engine,follow cable to pump. There cable will attach to a lever. Move the lever with your fingers to cut fuel off. Somewhere on or near pump you will find the fuel shut off. Manually move it.

/ Tractor worked on by dealer today & won't turn off!!! #4  
You will need to shut off the fuel supply to the engine. Without knowing what model you have I can't tell you the easiest way, but if you can't activate the fuel shutoff manually then removing the fuel filter comes to mind. Another possibility is to shut of the air into the air cleaner.

/ Tractor worked on by dealer today & won't turn off!!!
I took apart the front panel and can't see anything obvious. It is a key start. 20 year old Kubota 4310. I don't know where the air intake is. I don't want to overheat it. None of the front panel gauges are working. I thought of syphoning the gas. If it runs out of gas it will pull all the crap from the bottom of the tank. That will mess things up. I'm sooooo PO'd.

/ Tractor worked on by dealer today & won't turn off!!! #6  
Look for the fuel injection pump. There is either a solenoid with a little rod coming out of it or a solenoid that is internal to the pump. Either way find that then pull the wire/plug off of it.

/ Tractor worked on by dealer today & won't turn off!!! #7  
If you've ever changed the air filter on it, that is were it pulls air into the engine. Pull the air filter and stuff a towel in the intake, not small since it could suck a small one into the engine.

/ Tractor worked on by dealer today & won't turn off!!! #8  
I took apart the front panel and can't see anything obvious. It is a key start. 20 year old Kubota 4310. I don't know where the air intake is. I don't want to overheat it. None of the front panel gauges are working. I thought of syphoning the gas. If it runs out of gas it will pull all the crap from the bottom of the tank. That will mess things up. I'm sooooo PO'd.
Good grief you own the tractor and don't know where the air intake is.... amazing. On a 4310 it's under the hood, above the battery.

/ Tractor worked on by dealer today & won't turn off!!!
I'm ignorant (yes, female) about engines. I took off both sides. I can see what looks like the air intake. Call me stupid, but won't that overheat the engine? I saw what could be the solenoid but no a wire that could be removed.

Last edited:
   / Tractor worked on by dealer today & won't turn off!!! #10  
The air intake to the engine, if blocked will stop it from running. An engine needs air, fuel and spark (or in the case of diesel, the heat of compression) to run. Kill any one and you kill the engine. Pull the filter, find a flat surface in the intake housing where it is sucking in air and hold a very stiff piece of cardboard or plywood over it. It will die fast - within a few seconds, at most. There are a lot of ways to do this, but you need to block the air.

You aren't messing with the cooling air (which would be the radiator) so there is no risk of overheating.

Cutting fuel is how the engine normally is shut down, but they must have messed up that bit with their work, or some other bad luck coincidence happened.