Tractor worked on by dealer today & won't turn off!!!

/ Tractor worked on by dealer today & won't turn off!!! #31  
Just because you are a female is no excuse. My wife works right along side me with everything. Dam good helper.

/ Tractor worked on by dealer today & won't turn off!!! #32  
I'm ignorant (yes, female) about engines. I took off both sides. I can see what looks like the air intake. Call me stupid, but won't that overheat the engine? I saw what could be the solenoid but no a wire that could be removed.
Lmao

/ Tractor worked on by dealer today & won't turn off!!! #33  
1659113732081.png

/ Tractor worked on by dealer today & won't turn off!!! #34  
on my john deere 955 there was a selnoid that shut off the fuel supply when you shut the key off, when it failed the tractor would just keep running and because john deere in their infinate wisdom stopped making replacement parts for their precious tractors, i have a coat hanger attached to the fuel supply valve that i can open and close as needed...i bought my 955 new in 1998 and have loved the tractor but because it is impossible to get replacement parts for it i just bought a new branson 2515 that is 24hp but with twice the hydraulic power if the 33hp 955...go figure....

/ Tractor worked on by dealer today & won't turn off!!! #35  
You aren‘t stupid, just inexperienced. A few TBN members aren’t very friendly or helpful.

Stupid is insulting someone without first understanding the situation.
Agreed! I was a classroom teacher for two decades and still work in an educational capacity. I have always said that I thrive on ignorance as that is how I make my living. Stupid people really tick me off. So long as you have the capacity to seek knowledge and the desire to learn you will thrive. Show up here and I will teach you anything I know (except playing harmonica which I know quite well). Act stupid I'll put a pork chop in your back pocket and call my German Shepherd out to come play with you. ;-)

Read the book by Ray Lum: "You Live and Learn. Then You Die and Forget It All: Ray Lum's Tales of Horses, Mules and Men"

/ Tractor worked on by dealer today & won't turn off!!! #36  
This is a great thread because it shows that not everyone is at the same level and things that so many of us just take for granted are all things we had to learn at some point. Some of those things were learned many decades ago and some were learned only today. Just depends on when you started.

For the OP, I am impressed that you found this group and asked for help rather than freaking out and calling 911. I am also curious if you tried calling the dealership, but that is not important now.
Even though disconnecting the battery didn't help, it showed you were thinking about how to solve the problem.

Hints to file away for future events are:
All engines need air to run, find where they get it from and just cut off the air, may take a few seconds but it will stop.
Another good trick is to over power (bog down) the engine so much it can't run. Do this at idle speed (low as possible throttle setting), put it in highest gear possible (or press the 'go' pedal all the way down fast) while holding the brakes is a good suggestion. If the brakes won't hold try driving it up (gently) to an immovable object like a tree. With any kind of luck you will have enough traction to not spin a wheel and the engine will falter and die.

And one last thing as a joke to lighten the mood, you can always point it at a cliff or body of water, jam the pedal down and jump off. If the cliff is high enough or the water deep enough, you won't have to ever worry about it again!

As Red Green said, "we're pulling for you, we're all in this together".

/ Tractor worked on by dealer today & won't turn off!!! #37  
I took apart the front panel and can't see anything obvious. It is a key start. 20 year old Kubota 4310. I don't know where the air intake is. I don't want to overheat it. None of the front panel gauges are working. I thought of syphoning the gas. If it runs out of gas it will pull all the crap from the bottom of the tank. That will mess things up. I'm sooooo PO'd.
GAS? WHAT KIND OF FUEL DO YOU PUT IN THE TANK? GASOLINE OR DIESEL? If you are not sure slowly back away from the tractor. You could be in great danger! The engine could explode!

/ Tractor worked on by dealer today & won't turn off!!! #38  
Call the Dealer. The air filter should be easy to find and block. Google it. Good Luck.
If you see a loose rod near a device with several small pipes coming out of it, try to reattach it or pull it by some other means.

/ Tractor worked on by dealer today & won't turn off!!! #39  
Just because you are a female is no excuse. My wife works right along side me with everything. Dam good helper.
nobody said because she’s female she should get our sympathy. She should get our understanding because she is inexperienced.
You
should be less judgmental.

Last edited:
   / Tractor worked on by dealer today & won't turn off!!! #40  
I am not sure it is a good idea to shut off the fuel supply to a running diesel engine. At a minimum you are probably going to have to bleed the injector lines to get the engine running again.
I like the brake pedal down, high gear, idle and pop the clutch idea best I think.
My small tractor has the old reliable pull knob linked to the kill lever on the injector pump.
My big tractor has a shutdown solenoid and reading this thread makes me want to investigate how I would shut down the engine in case this problem happens to me someday.