Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #23,301  
Got er done:
IMG_4257.jpeg

IMG_4256.jpeg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #23,303  
Yes, looking good !

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #23,305  
I have been cutting cedar for fence post for a while ( I have enough of them now) we don't have much cedar around our region so I have been chasing them and I found two nice spot where they are abundant. While chasing smaller one for fence post I kept seeing these big cedar and I thought, I always wanted a sauna so lets built one, this is the time to get some... The first spot I found, the cedar was nice but the heartwood was a little bit rotten as you can see in a few logs below, still very good cedar for our standard but then I found this other spot and I couldn't believe how healthy they are... I am starting to have a decent pile now to get plank up. This is my cedar pile at my neighbor saw mill.

1711794188742.png

1711794210461.png

1711794237701.png

1711794258491.png

Last edited:
   / Tractors and wood! Show your pics #23,306  
I have been cutting cedar for fence post for a while ( I have enough of them now) we don't have much cedar around our region so I have been chasing them and I found two nice spot where they are abundant. While chasing smaller one for fence post I kept seeing these big cedar and I thought, I always wanted a sauna so lets built one, this is the time to get some... The first spot I found, the cedar was nice but the heartwood was a little bit rotten as you can see in a few logs below, still very good cedar for our standard but then I found this other spot and I couldn't believe how healthy they are... I am starting to have a decent pile now to get plank up. This is my cedar pile at my neighbor saw mill.

View attachment 859617

View attachment 859618

View attachment 859619

View attachment 859620
That's impressive. You brought all of those out with your snowsled? That made some clean logs. 👍

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #23,307  
That's impressive. You brought all of those out with your snowsled? That made some clean logs. 👍
thanks, a little bit everyday goes a long way.... most of them yes, the first spot I found I was hauling them by truck the second spot was by snowsled it's a 6 miles one way trip to get them... the condition this year are very good for that (crusty snow) I would make lighter load from the harvesting site to the main trail, once on the main trail I would load it right up and haul it back.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #23,308  

View attachment 859617

View attachment 859618

View attachment 859619

View attachment 859620
Nice. Is that a homemade bobsled set? I am reminded of father hauling logs off the woodlot with sleds and horses. On the long downhill run to the river he looped heavy "bridle chains" around the runners to act as brakes so the load wouldn't over run the horses.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #23,309  
Nice. Is that a homemade bobsled set? I am reminded of father hauling logs off the woodlot with sleds and horses. On the long downhill run to the river he looped heavy "bridle chains" around the runners to act as brakes so the load wouldn't over run the horses.
Initially I am not sure I would have to ask my dad where it came from but back then it would've been made by hand so ultimately yes its ''homemade'' but it was a horse sled that was later customize to be pulled by snowmobiles, early this year my dad restored it.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #23,310  
by snowsled it's a 6 miles one way trip to get them... the condition this year are very
Are you cutting them off Crown lands or are you a large landowner? (By standards south of the border)