Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #23,281  
Looks like a death trap to me complete with bait.
(I'm not quite right am I)
The deepest part is 6 feet, so just stand up.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #23,282  
   / Tractors and wood! Show your pics #23,284  
Pusher. I've had it since Oct 2021, but am just learning to use it.
Ahh, ok I thought you just got it. Pretty easy to use actually although you might get a lot of waste to start out till you get used to it.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #23,285  
Ahh, ok I thought you just got it. Pretty easy to use actually although you might get a lot of waste to start out till you get used to it.
I 've been doin a little with it for a couple of years, but am just getting it set up so that it doesnt move when I put a log on it.My biggest thing so far is keeping the blades sharp. I started using my debarker yesterday yet still managed to trash a blade. I'm getting better though... two logs without cutting into the iron log stops on the back. :eek:

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #23,286  
I 've been doin a little with it for a couple of years, but am just getting it set up so that it doesnt move when I put a log on it.My biggest thing so far is keeping the blades sharp. I started using my debarker yesterday yet still managed to trash a blade. I'm getting better though... two logs without cutting into the iron log stops on the back. :eek:
I HATE that when I hit those log stops! I put a little sign up at my push handle to check for those! I don't have a debarker but then again I don't have a winch so I don't get my logs so dirty.
Yeah, yours seems to be up in the air more than mine, mine sits on timbers on the ground.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #23,287  
20240324_160712.jpg

Here's what my woodpile looks like today... too bad the white stuff didn't show up 3 months ago.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #23,288  
The strange thing is that I've burned more wood this winter than since I built the place 6 years ago. Yet still have kept the temps down to a more tolerable level (<80) than before.
Were you home more this year? We used quite a bit less this year than usual, and with both my wife and I being semi-retired one of us is usually home on any given day. We generally keep the place ~65 or so.

One thing that helps on sunny days is we have an enclosed 3 season porch on the SE side of the house. Doesn't do much in the dead of winter, but after Valentine's day or so the morning sun warms it right up to the point where we can let the stove run down.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #23,290  
View attachment 858844

Here's what my woodpile looks like today... too bad the white stuff didn't show up 3 months ago.

I agree - pretty good pile under the snow though.

gg

It does look like a nice pile under that snow... We unfortunately south of you got rain... a lot of rain... This is not a creek, it is usually our dry walking path down to our open area / field... we could have jumped in kayaks to get there yesterday (actually to many times this year)...

2024-03-23 17.26.46.jpg

It has been so wet this winter we have stacked pallets of wood in our splitting area I can't even move with the tractor... Just to wet...

2024-02-11 17.23.29.jpg