Tractors with Perkins Diesel engines

/ Tractors with Perkins Diesel engines #1  

craka

Hi,

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum, it seemed to be the best fit.

Is there a comprehensive list of tractors that use Perkins diesel engines?

/ Tractors with Perkins Diesel engines #2  
Probably.. & I'll bet its a LONG ONE..
IF your trying to identify a tractor by the engine.. post the injection pump #'s off the nameplate..
I may be able to track it down that way..

/ Tractors with Perkins Diesel engines #3  
Are there a specific Perkins engine you are looking for?

/ Tractors with Perkins Diesel engines #4  
Massey Ferguson, MF 35, MF 165 for a couple and probably most MF diesels, 3 and 4 cylinder I'd expect for sure. For 6 and V8s which I have also seen in MF tractors, not sure. Some times Tractor Data www gives the engine mfgr. for a specific model.

/ Tractors with Perkins Diesel engines #6  
My dad's David Brown 1200 and his Massey Ferguson 276 were both Perkins powered. Great engines - never had a problem with either tractor.

/ Tractors with Perkins Diesel engines #7  
Hi,

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum, it seemed to be the best fit.

Is there a comprehensive list of tractors that use Perkins diesel engines?

There is this but it is not only (tractor) specific
List of Perkins engines - Wikipedia

The Ford (world tractors) built from 1965 and on were also built with input from Perkins
interesting note on the end of the list is that Perkins is fully owned by Caterpillar now

Last edited:
   / Tractors with Perkins Diesel engines
Sorry guys just remembered I made this post. I should have clarified, that I was after relatively modern tractors of the last 10years.
I know that most Masseys do, on of the reasons I ask what other tractors use Perkins. Grew up with a MF65 that's still going.

/ Tractors with Perkins Diesel engines #9  
Nice engines, but the Jap Diesels are smoother and quieter. OK for a tractor, but I would not want to be in a skid steer with one.

/ Tractors with Perkins Diesel engines #10  
Nice engines, but the Jap Diesels are smoother and quieter. OK for a tractor, but I would not want to be in a skid steer with one.

I’d disagree with that general statement. I’ve got an older scat track 2300D with a 86 Hp Perkins at the farm and I’ve been pleased with the ease of maintenance and performance.