Tractors with Perkins Diesel engines

/ Tractors with Perkins Diesel engines #11  
TYM tractors had a CAT/Perkins engine in them prior to Tier IV.

/ Tractors with Perkins Diesel engines #12  
I'm not real fond of Perkins diesels...

Some years ago, I went into a dealership and there was 6 or 7 Perkins powered orchard tractors in there, all with the same cam problem!

Perkins seem to have more leaks, when they get older and a few days ago, a friend of mine was working on one. It's only a few years old and has head gasket and other problems.

He told me, getting parts for it has been a pain, because it had CAT on, it has Perkins on it and some other name too, getting the RIGHT parts has been a problem. Little things like that, really bug me and make me not want that brand of engine.

SR

/ Tractors with Perkins Diesel engines #13  
Names on motors dont mean a lot these days. Last CAT I had came with a Mitsubishi motor in it with CAT logos on it. Sucks to find youve paid over 100 grand for a rebadge. Loved the older Perkins and CATs.

/ Tractors with Perkins Diesel engines #14  
Well, Perkins has made a lot of different engines, some more well built than others and they never been considered as an premium industrial engine maker, but they are very nice to own, parts supplie is easy, even on many very old engines, quit easy to rebuild.

/ Tractors with Perkins Diesel engines #15  
The MF utility tractors have a Finland Sisu engine in them . Very reliable.

/ Tractors with Perkins Diesel engines #16  
Yes, saw one customer complain about the quality of his Valtra/Sisu engine on his tractor, it started leaking after 12000h , it was the water pump so it wasn't to bad ;)

/ Tractors with Perkins Diesel engines #17  
I have a MF30B industrial with a Perkins in it, runs great, didn't think it was that noisy, at least not compared to my JD2155 from Germany.

/ Tractors with Perkins Diesel engines #18  
I have had a MF135 (used when bought it) with a Perkins engine for over 30 years, and have had no engine problems. Decided that I wanted a new and larger tractor, and found a new TYM T503 with a Perkins engine. When I was told the tractor had a Perkins engine I thought that was great since I have had no problems with my MF 135. So the dealer delivered it and left. I started the tractor and was letting it warm up, and after 2/10 of an hour the motor stopped. Started again and the engine started knocking. Dealer came back and said he thought the motor had "blown up". Few days later dealer called and said Perkins wanted the tractor sent to one of their repair shops, which was several hours away. Dealer said it might be gone for several weeks, so I just traded up to a TYM T554 that has a Yanmar engine in it. I still have my MF135, and if the battery is up it always starts and runs great..

/ Tractors with Perkins Diesel engines #19  
If you are asking about the past 10 years I’m not sure if any MF have Perkins. AGCO is the owner of MF and has switched larger tractors to their own AGCO Power engines which are Sisu from Finland. Compact and subcompact use Shibaura. Utilities around 75 hp are Simpson engines from India built under a Perkins license. Engines are production year and model specific as they have shuffled over the past 10 years with more focus on Sisu at the top end and Shibaura at the bottom.

Not sure what was meant by the comment on Japanese engines in Skid Steers. Caterpillar switched many of their models from former Cat/Perkins to the C3.8 engine which is a Cat branded Kubota.

/ Tractors with Perkins Diesel engines #20  
We have 2 Landini tractors made in same factory as MF in Italy, early 2000's 60 and 80hp. Both Perkins and no issues.