Trail camera pics & advice

/ Trail camera pics & advice #11  
When I bought my first game cam I had a problem with it false triggering and running the batteries down. I had the camera facing in to the morning sun. After re-reading the instructions it said not to have the camera facing in to the morning sun. It's infrared and the heat from the morning sun could false trigger it. I turned the camera a bit and never had a problem after that.

/ Trail camera pics & advice #12  
Unfortunately a lot of the game camera brands spend an unexcusable amount of time bwetween the UPS trucks and the repair facility when they should be doing what they were intended for.
I strongly urge anyone even remotely interested in purchasing a game cam to visit Chasingame.com: Scouting Camera Reviews | Performance Reviews | Trail Camera Models compared | Sample Pictures and Movies for an unbiased review of your selected camera BEFORE you buy it. The site does not sell or recommend any brand, just does the independant testing and supports a huge diverse forum.
My game cam: Reconyx Hyperfire HC600 with more than 12,000 photos and the only UPS truck trip was the original delivery almost two years ago.

/ Trail camera pics & advice
Thanks to ALL of your replies.
I'll try to reply to the "crowd" rather than individually.
I did not type the brand name but it shows up in the pics.
WILDVIEW

As several suggested... I have already returned and have
the money in my pocket.

I'll check out the "compare" site and try another brand.

In the mean time "Watch the birdie!":cool:.. say "Cheese":licking:.. "Smile" :)

/ Trail camera pics & advice #14  
I'll post a couple pictures from the Bushnell.This camera will also take video's and has a plot watcher mode.Just got the second one and havn't put it out yet.

/ Trail camera pics & advice #15  
I have quite a bit of experience with game cameras. The Wildview brand can be a good camera but is considered to be a low-end unit. I have made the move to all "mini-cams". Mini-cams are the smaller units that use the 'AA' batteries.

I was never a big Moultrie fan until they came out with their new mini-cams, the M80 and the M100. I, along with some friends bought a total of 5 M80's this past year and have had ZERO problems with them. You can buy them all over, including Walmart for about $129. We bought ours at Scheels when they had them on sale for $100.

Chasingame.com is a great place for reviews as they are straight shooters. I do find their reviews to be excessively wordy and wished they'd come up with a simple rating system. Another good spot for reviews is Cabelas.com and BassPro.com. People that have bought game cameras will leave their reviews online so you get the opinions from previous buyers.

Good luck ith your next purchase.

/ Trail camera pics & advice #16  
I bought a Bushnell Trophy Cam recently as well. Still getting used to it but am pretty happy with it so far. I went ahead and sprang for the lithium batteries that they recommended. I've attached a couple of photos from when we were at the NC place during Chistmas.

Attachments

• NC December 2011 026 (Medium).jpg
    NC December 2011 026 (Medium).jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 174
  • NC December 2011 102 (Medium).jpg
    NC December 2011 102 (Medium).jpg
    75 KB · Views: 154
  • NC December 2011 139 (Medium).jpg
    NC December 2011 139 (Medium).jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 165
  • NC December 2011 204 (Medium).jpg
    NC December 2011 204 (Medium).jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 165
  • NC December 2011 272 (Medium).jpg
    NC December 2011 272 (Medium).jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 145
   / Trail camera pics & advice #17  
I have the Bushnell 8 meg but have it set for 5 (3 setting also). It has lasted three months on 8 (possible to use 4) AA batteries at my residential house not up north (more action here). Average 600-700 pics a day including the squirrels and dogs in daytime. It has been great and not a single problem from 0 degree so far. It was marked down on Amazon with buckscore program included as well as scouting assistant software to video and export to wmv for windows playback as well as others.
You can use a 6 volt DC charger (not inluded) if located by electricity.
Samples from my yard (Got it in November, yet to take it north for month at time) Have a 32 gig ard as well (lot of photos at 5x7 5 meg).
Can not go wrong for $150. Made the one pic a sig.
"Bushnell 8MP Trophy Cam Brown Night Vision Trail Camera"
Sports; $150.47
In Stock
Sold by: Amazon.com LLC

Attachments

• 01-12-12 (118).JPG
    01-12-12 (118).JPG
    863.3 KB · Views: 371
  • 01-12-12 (406).JPG
    01-12-12 (406).JPG
    866 KB · Views: 646
  • 01-12-12 (645).JPG
    01-12-12 (645).JPG
    867.4 KB · Views: 202
  • 01-12-12 (649).JPG
    01-12-12 (649).JPG
    868.5 KB · Views: 191
   / Trail camera pics & advice #20  
Ive got the moultrie and its been great, batteries get changed 2 or 3 times per year. Infrared flash seems to help too, i get a ton of pics of animals sniffing it because it clicks but they can't see a flash. You can get some pretty odd pics on them too.... I think your first pic is a small dog, the last one is definately a young deer. I left a piece of chicken by mine hoping to get a bear, instead i got a chicken eating deer...