Trail Cleared (and More)

/ Trail Cleared (and More)
the last "after".

I've got to go, but later I'll critique the results and the quality of the job that was done. I'll also be working on the video.

Attachments

• 879259-Post-Mulch3.jpg
    879259-Post-Mulch3.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 972
   / Trail Cleared (and More) #12  
That machine looks like it can do some damage! Good choice. Looks like it turned out well for you. Money well spent.

/ Trail Cleared (and More) #13  
bmac,

Good job with the shredder!!!

Your experience is just about oposite of my neighbors. He hired one to clear the area behind his house and when he finished allot sooner than expected, he had him cut new trails around his place!!!

He's been raving about what a great investment that one day was for a month now. I bet you will be too!!!

I was thinking about when you first started the trail thread and how you were thinking about doing it by hand with a chainsaw and a battery powered sawzall!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

You did good!!

Eddie

Let's try this link to view the video. I've never done this before, so I may have to re-do it time or two. Please be patient.
Mulcher Video

/ Trail Cleared (and More) #16  
Did not find the video. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Hope it's not lost. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Still having technical difficulties with video. I will update when ready.

/ Trail Cleared (and More) #18  
Awsome........ That certainly looks like the ticket.... you know if this is a machine that one can rent for a weekend???? I have some hunting property that this would be perfect for, but dont think the owners would like anyone other than myself coming out to do it(plus it looks like fun to me /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

Eddie,

<font color="blue"> I was thinking about when you first started the trail thread and how you were thinking about doing it by hand with a chainsaw and a battery powered sawzall!! </font>

Well, we did do some of the trail that way. Compared to the tree mulcher, it was like doing it with a butter knife and toenail clippers.

Thanks for goading me into getting the heavy equipment. It was quite impressive (and much easier on these old bones).

Greg,

The guy that did this for me does not rent his equipment. However, there are places that do. Fl_Cracker found a place in Blue Ridge that rents them. I did not find anyone around here that does, but there are rental units out there. I believe Fl_Cracker said he paid about $500 / day.

<font color="blue"> (plus it looks like fun to me </font>

The guy doing my place said he has a great time going to work each day. However, after 8 hours, he was pretty tired.