Trail Cleared (and More)

/ Trail Cleared (and More) #21  
Thanks,
I guess you called around Newnan and Palmeto huh??

I'll have to do some research, thats looks like the way to go.. Glad it all worked out for ya, much quicker that way..

/ Trail Cleared (and More)
OK, let's see if the video works now. I hope it looks better on your screen than it does on mine. I first tried to use iMovie on a Mac. The video looked great but could not get the YouTube website to accept it from the Mac. So, I re-did it (with alot less time invested) in Windows Movie maker. I think the compression is much more and the result is that there is alot less clarity. Then again, it may be my display.

Anyway, let's give this a shot.

Tree Mulcher

Greg,

I just called a couple of places in Newnan. Don't even know of a rental place in Palmetto. If you put more effort into than I did, you may find a rental around here somewhere.

/ Trail Cleared (and More) #24  
bmac,

Thank you for loading the video!! It was the best 4 minutes and 28 seconds I've had online!!! Steph and i were both amazed while watching it. WOW!!!!!!!!!

Eddie

Eddie,

Glad you liked it. But I must say, watching that machine in person was unbelievable. I didn't get much work done myself Saturday because I was having so much fun following him around and watching the destruction take place.

And, again, thank you for staying after me to use the right equipment for the job. It worked out well.

One thing I haven't mentioned is collateral damage to the large trees. We have many trees whose trunks sustained alot of damage from this process. I suspect that over time, we will lose alot of these damaged trees. But, overall, we are pleased with the efficiency and quality of the job. I will have to go back and remove some frayed stumps that remain on the trail. But that will be much easier than disposing of all of the trees that would have been left behind had I employed the guy that was going to did the trees out (or if I had continued with my chainsaw/sawzall approach /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

How was the quality of the video on your computer? could you see things ok?

/ Trail Cleared (and More) #26  
bmac,

The video was very clear and easy to see.

Now we want to see some video of the finished house!!! Start from the front porch and take us inside. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

One thing that I liked about the method you chose is that it's easy for you to now go through the trails with your tractor and keep them clear. Even add to hem or open up an area.

Have the kids started to see who's faster riding the new race track? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Eddie

/ Trail Cleared (and More) #28  
The brush cutter I hired look the same as in bmac's pic. It was fun and something to watch when it eats up piles of filbert brush, thick black berry, and trees in the way. It is a Takeuchi TL 150, http://www.takeuchi-us.com/

/ Trail Cleared (and More) #29  
Awsome......I noticed he started high on some of the trees and worked down.. Did he do this on all the larger ones? Just wondering if it would do the same job just running the cutter close to the gound... Man, I'd have come over to give you some company while he was doing that...Pretty cool /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Good way to kill a day /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif...

/ Trail Cleared (and More) #30  
Noting that I have no experience with this type of attachment..

If he cut the trees off at ground level, they would tend to fall on the tractor, thus requiring him to back up excessively to chop them up.