Trailer question - skid steer

/ Trailer question - skid steer
I think I am going to go with a kaufman trailer. Got it down to these two:

The extra 2k of weight is about $1200 extra. I am pulling it with a 3500, so I don't think that matters. However may downgrade to a 2500 someday.

I have a bobcat T595 that weighs about 8100 lbs.

Why can't I find the empty weight on these trailers to figure out the payload?

Also, any thoughts on slightly upgraded trailer... worth the extra cost even though I don't really need it?

Thanks

/ Trailer question - skid steer #62  

The extra 2k of weight is about $1200 extra. I am pulling it with a 3500, so I don't think that matters. However may downgrade to a 2500 someday.

Also, any thoughts on slightly upgraded trailer... worth the extra cost even though I don't really need it?

Thanks
I bet both of those trailers have the same axels just a heavier ply tire on the 17k. I would get the cheaper one and upgrade the tires once they wear out. But I would see how heavy it is before I bought it to see what the payload is.

The lighter one is 2 x 7,000 axles with 235/80 R16 LRE tires
The heavier is 2 x 8,000 axles with 215/75 R17.5

I've seen some chatter about tire sizes, should that come in to play in the decision here?

/ Trailer question - skid steer #64  

I've seen some chatter about tire sizes, should that come in to play in the decision here?
Bet if you crawl underneath both trailers the axels have the same part#. I've seen this before. Besides that how does two 7k =15k & 2x8k=17k?

/ Trailer question - skid steer #65  
I would think about being under the 26K pound number for the gross combined weight of the truck and trailer unless you have a CDL.

I would think about being under the 26K pound number for the gross combined weight of the truck and trailer unless you have a CDL.

The 3500HD weighs around 7000 lbs, so with a 15k or 17k trailer should be no problem right? Unless I am reading that wrong

/ Trailer question - skid steer #67  
The 3500HD weighs around 7000 lbs, so with a 15k or 17k trailer should be no problem right? Unless I am reading that wrong
My 2020 Ram 2500 CC CB with the gas 6.4 engine tips the scale empty at 7420 pounds, but I can gross 10K on the truck, so a 16K trailer puts me near or over the 26K limit.

Your 3500HD has a much higher payload, so you are going to be over the 26K limit.

/ Trailer question - skid steer #68  

The trailer with the larger 17.5 wheels would be my pick.

/ Trailer question - skid steer #69  

Thanks
Post #31 the 17k Kaufman trailer is the very trailer that I purchased and posted about, I don't remember the exact number but the sticker on mine says you can put 13k and some change on the deck, the 17.5 tires are something that I wouldn't buy any trailer without, I have them on my 30' gooseneck trailer as well, spend the extra money and get the upgraded package as you are still getting out of there with all the upgrades for a little over $8k, can't beat it.

/ Trailer question - skid steer #70  

17.5 tires are way better. They might not be all that much better than a good set of 16 ply 16” tires but they’re way better than the crappy 16” tires that usually come on trailers.