Trailer with small diesel driving multiple things and a PTO

/ Trailer with small diesel driving multiple things and a PTO #71  
You mentioned a water tank, how many gals? At 8.25lbs (give or take) per gallon it adds up fast. For my property I wanted to make a 1000gal fire suppression trailer (I'm out in BFE) but after realizing I needed a 10,000lb trailer welllllll. Finding axles would be a problem.

/ Trailer with small diesel driving multiple things and a PTO #72  
You mentioned a water tank, how many gals? At 8.25lbs (give or take) per gallon it adds up fast. For my property I wanted to make a 1000gal fire suppression trailer (I'm out in BFE) but after realizing I needed a 10,000lb trailer welllllll. Finding axles would be a problem.

The water tank was mentioned in conjunction with a pressure washer. Considering that most pressure washers have spec between 2-3 GPM, I'd say one can probably get by with less than 1,000 gallons. I used to receive cleaning soaps in totes, and if I remember correctly, they are 400 gallons. I estimate that would give a guy over two hours of pressure washing with the pressure wand on constant the whole time. The totes are easy to find, and would weigh just over a ton and a half when full. Of course you don't have to fill the tote all the way all the time.

For that matter, a 55 gallon drum will last about 20 minutes. You can do a lot in 20 minutes with a pressure washer. A guy could have two or three drums for longer windows of time. If water is 8.34 pounds per gallon, and the pressure washers suck up to 3 GPM, figure about 25 pounds per minute.

/ Trailer with small diesel driving multiple things and a PTO
I've been away for a few days, thanks everyone for the ideas. I'm convinced a belt driven governor is the way to go. As for setting the engine at maximimum RPM and gearing it down I think that would lead to a very short engine life. Water, I have seen plastic tanks that have a wire cage, they are used in the food industry and for light chemicals such as soap. Saw them on craigslist for 75 I believe. When I'm close to a faucet I can drop the hose in the tank, when travelling fill up before heading out. I think 150 gal would be plenty for most jobs, those tanks are a few hundred gallons.

/ Trailer with small diesel driving multiple things and a PTO #74  
From the git-go a pressure washer has been one of the main components of your 'rig'.

And I have been wondering for some time now, jason, what are you planning to pressure wash "in the field"? (I assume it is in a place without access to water.)

/ Trailer with small diesel driving multiple things and a PTO #75  
I've been away for a few days, thanks everyone for the ideas. I'm convinced a belt driven governor is the way to go. As for setting the engine at maximimum RPM and gearing it down I think that would lead to a very short engine life. Water, I have seen plastic tanks that have a wire cage, they are used in the food industry and for light chemicals such as soap. Saw them on craigslist for 75 I believe. When I'm close to a faucet I can drop the hose in the tank, when travelling fill up before heading out. I think 150 gal would be plenty for most jobs, those tanks are a few hundred gallons.

The tanks you describe are the totes I was mentioning. Just because you have a 400 gallon capacity doesn't mean you have to fill it all the way.

From the git-go a pressure washer has been one of the main components of your 'rig'.

And I have been wondering for some time now, jason, what are you planning to pressure wash "in the field"? (I assume it is in a place without access to water.)

I wouldn't say its a main component, more so that it would be easy to add and could be usefull at times. Uses...Maybe, wash dirt off tree roots. Clean off a dirty tractor engine before you work on it in the field. Sandblast a fencepost before painting (nozzle that has a sand pickup tube, I've read good reviews)

/ Trailer with small diesel driving multiple things and a PTO #77  
There is a lot to be said for having a clean whatever to work on. But, one must not forget that pressure washing is not so much washing dirt off of something as it is transferring the dirt onto yourself.

/ Trailer with small diesel driving multiple things and a PTO #78  
With that generator( electricity) you could add heat, and get steam- and REALLY clean off the grease. (You can also run a sand blaster off the air compressor.)

With that generator( electricity) you could add heat, and get steam- and REALLY clean off the grease. (You can also run a sand blaster off the air compressor.)

Sounds like you may be thinking about building one for yourself :laughing:

/ Trailer with small diesel driving multiple things and a PTO #80