Trailering a Ck30

/ Trailering a Ck30 #21  
I realize that I sent a link for the UK DOT (good catch - busted!) but at least they provided detailed pictures / drawings while I couldn't find any (quickly anyway) for the US DOT. The guidelines though are very similar and provide basic safety recommendations for transporting machinery such as we are discussing. Besides, we all own KOREAN tractors anyway (lol).

/ Trailering a Ck30 #22  
Yes, it is up to interpetation. I went directly to the CHP Commercial Enforcement(takes care of all towing issues) and asked them after reading the Fed rules.

They were very specific that if they checked out my rig, they would expect a chain/binder or ratchet strap on each corner and a chain or ratchet strap over the implement.

The CHP were pretty nice. I called and asked them about it, told them I was getting ready to trailer my tractor and wanted to do it properly.

I USED to set a chain/binder on the back, set from one trailer tie, through the drawbar, to another trailer tie on the othe corner. Did the same up front. Turns out, I was wrong /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif It was not moving, but if on chain or binder would have failed, the tractor would have been able to roll all over...

/ Trailering a Ck30 #23  
This what I put on my CK30, I just opened up the holes from 18mm to 3/4" (3/4" bolt & nut), used flat machine washers to space the "twisted" shackles evenly on both sides of the frame. Run the chain thru them and cince 'er down. I used this same set up on the CK20. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Attachments

• 840284-PICT0298.JPG
    840284-PICT0298.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 194