Transmission noise in low range

/ Transmission noise in low range #1  

Twodog

Tractor
Ford 3000
ford 3000 8 speed making noise when transmission is in low range

/ Transmission noise in low range #2  
Welcome to TBN. A little more information is going to be needed on your problem for us to help. Also, does it have oil and when was the last time the oil was changed?

/ Transmission noise in low range #3  
I think you will find - the sound of any tractor in high range will be considerably different than low range.

Can you describe the sound.

/ Transmission noise in low range
Tractor is new to me,I bought it at auction with a stuck clutch.I fixed clutch and replaced some parts and got it running. Changed all the fluids.First drive heard a clunking noise and sounded like it was coming from rear wheel hubs. I pulled axles and replaced bearings and seals.Next test drive I took was up a gravel road.I could run tractor in high range with no clunking.Put in low range and clunking noise still there.

Tractor is new to me,I bought it at auction with a stuck clutch.I fixed clutch and replaced some parts and got it running. Changed all the fluids.First drive heard a clunking noise and sounded like it was coming from rear wheel hubs. I pulled axles and replaced bearings and seals.Next test drive I took was up a gravel road.I could run tractor in high range with no clunking.Put in low range and clunking noise still there.

/ Transmission noise in low range #6  
Did you change axle bearings again since it is still clunking?

/ Transmission noise in low range #7  
If it is still making the noise and only in low range you may have a tooth off one of the splitters gear of the transmission.

Does it make the noise in ALL gears while in low range or only one of them? Is it quiet in all gears in high?

Noise only in low range.High range quiet.when I drained fluid I found a piece of tooth.I pulled top cover and looked at gears and did not find any chipped.I don’t know what splitters gear are.I rolled the gears as I looked and felt them with my fingers.Are there hidden gears I might not have inspected?

Noise is in all low range gears.Interesting the sound seems at end of axles.

/ Transmission noise in low range #10  
If they are straight cut gears instead of helical, there's your noise.