Backhoe Transmission Will Not Engage NH 555E Backhoe

/ Transmission Will Not Engage NH 555E Backhoe #1  

audieo

Tractor
Kubota L2501
Just when I got it running great ... torque converter won't engage. Not forward or reverse. I have replaced transmission fluid, fuse OK for shuttle lever. There's quite a bit of rodent-chewed wiring. Possibilities? Shuttle relay, diode, what else? Transmission lockout buttons have never worked (i.e., never locked out anything). Thanks to all who have any ideas!

/ Transmission Will Not Engage NH 555E Backhoe
Forgot to say it's a 1998 model. The wiring diagram I have is unreadable if anyone has a lead on that

/ Transmission Will Not Engage NH 555E Backhoe #3  
I have split many of those. I'm kinda busy now. I'll get back. Can you get it to move at all, even just a bump if it switches forward or reverse? Does it make any clanging noise at bell housing area, when just idling?

No sound, no movement. It went from working perfectly one day to nothing at all the next. The shuttle shifter causes the reverse horn to sound, otherwise no reaction.

/ Transmission Will Not Engage NH 555E Backhoe #5  
Did you ever get to move? Thinking it might be/have been a clutch cut out switch, solenoid or fuse

Just getting back to this project and trying to find the shuttle valve so I can check volts and function of the fwd / rev solenoids. The manual says the shuttle is on top of the transmission. Does that mean I have to come in from the top to see it? Under the cab floor panel maybe? Thanks to anyone who might know. It’s a New Holland 555E.

I thought for a second this might be the shuttle but it doesn’t look like the (very poor) diagram I have.

Attachments

• IMG_2433.jpeg
    IMG_2433.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 48
   / Transmission Will Not Engage NH 555E Backhoe #7  
That's the loader valve. Here is a diagram showing the shuttle valve, on top of the transmission. I believe access is through vab floor panel.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240226_061852_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240226_061852_Chrome.jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 47
   / Transmission Will Not Engage NH 555E Backhoe #8  
I have a 1998 555E. Years ago, mine went from running fine, to not moving. It was sudden, and nothing happened beforehand to indicate a problem. While looking around, I discovered that all of the bolts from the back of the transmission, to the parking brake disk, had fallen out. I'm going off of memory, and it might not of been the parking brake disk, but that's what I'm thinking it was. There was something like 8 bolts connecting it all together that where just gone all of a sudden.

Thanks for the replies. I laid up under it studying everything. The parking brake mechanism all looks fine. Will update.

I’m just trying to get a good trouble-shooting approach. The first thing I did was clean the transmission filter screen, change the fluid, and the spin-on filter. The fluid is still cloudy so that may be a problem. (You can only change a portion of the volume.)

Hoping to move on to electrical trouble-shooting at this point. Thanks again

Attachments

• IMG_2434.jpeg
    IMG_2434.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 24
   / Transmission Will Not Engage NH 555E Backhoe #10  
Did you replace the big filter inside the tank? I don't think it has anything to do with your issue, but it was something that I failed to do for quite awhile, and it led to some overheating issues.