Backhoe Transmission Will Not Engage NH 555E Backhoe

/ Transmission Will Not Engage NH 555E Backhoe #11  
The cable that controls forward and backwards, on the side of the steering column might go out. It's been awhile, but I replaced mine for some reason that I can't remember. It wasn't too hard, but I can't remember what it was doing when I replaced it.

My current repair is a new cable to one of my outriggers. It goes up, but it doesn't want to go down.

Messicks.com is where I get the best prices on parts. They also have all the parts diagrams on there. Just click on the "New Holland Construction" button to get to where you need to be.

/ Transmission Will Not Engage NH 555E Backhoe #12  
I have to ask the stupid question, did you check your fuses?

/ Transmission Will Not Engage NH 555E Backhoe #13  
Back in 1998 they didn't have a lot of safety features or electronics. I can't think of a fuse that would affect it being able to drive. It's all mechanical.

/ Transmission Will Not Engage NH 555E Backhoe #14  
Back in 1998 they didn't have a lot of safety features or electronics. I can't think of a fuse that would affect it being able to drive. It's all mechanical.
On the contrary, the C Series in 1988 had a simple transmission computer.
The E series was introduced in 1996 and the transmission is more computer controlled.

/ Transmission Will Not Engage NH 555E Backhoe #15  
I haven't seen that on mine. Where would that be on a 555E?

/ Transmission Will Not Engage NH 555E Backhoe #16  
   / Transmission Will Not Engage NH 555E Backhoe #17  
Here are the transmission harness and F/R solenoids

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240227_071355_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240227_071355_Chrome.jpg
    751.1 KB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot_20240227_071455_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240227_071455_Chrome.jpg
    624.3 KB · Views: 35
   / Transmission Will Not Engage NH 555E Backhoe #18  
I saw those diagrams, but didn't realize they where computers.

/ Transmission Will Not Engage NH 555E Backhoe #19  
I misspoke, this transmission is not computer controlled, but is completely electrically controlled. Fuse F4/A would be a place to start

Attachments

• E Series Fuses.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 20
   / Transmission Will Not Engage NH 555E Backhoe #20  
@audieo, this thread got long. I just went back to the beginning and saw that you checked the fuse. Being the harness has been riddled by rodents. I would next check the dump circuit coming from the range shifter and the loader lever for a short that is energizing the transmission dump solenoid.

Another question, does the steering and stabilizers work?