Trashy Ads

/ Trashy Ads #72  
I use a PC and tablet. This PC happens to be newly unboxed to replace an older system. I installed irfanview for graphics but nothing else.

No suggestive ads, here, none, wink wink.

Attachments

• Wink.jpg
    Wink.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 61
   / Trashy Ads #74  
Temu has some very odd things. Who would wear shoes like these?

Shoes.jpg

/ Trashy Ads #75  
   / Trashy Ads #76  
One time a caller to the Kim Komando radio show complained about suggestive pop up ads on his computer featuring Asian women wearing lingerie. She artfully danced around trying to gently tell him that the images served up were tied to his browser history of things he had searched for in the past. So it is clear to most people that those things are tied together.

So, in one way, I don't understand the Temu ads. I've done searches for tractor parts, vehicle reviews, grapples, LED neon light strips, interlocking block walls, lots of computer devices and peripherals, and so on. Yet I don't ever get Temu ads targeted toward that. I get it that Temu doesn't sell tractors, but they have a plethora of LED lights, neon strips, and so on. They serve up females in skimpy outfits and things like the odd shoes above. Maybe their marketing is not up to par yet ....

/ Trashy Ads #77  
One time a caller to the Kim Komando radio show complained about suggestive pop up ads on his computer featuring Asian women wearing lingerie. She artfully danced around trying to gently tell him that the images served up were tied to his browser history of things he had searched for in the past. So it is clear to most people that those things are tied together.

So, in one way, I don't understand the Temu ads. I've done searches for tractor parts, vehicle reviews, grapples, LED neon light strips, interlocking block walls, lots of computer devices and peripherals, and so on. Yet I don't ever get Temu ads targeted toward that. I get it that Temu doesn't sell tractors, but they have a plethora of LED lights, neon strips, and so on. They serve up females in skimpy outfits and things like the odd shoes above. Maybe their marketing is not up to par yet ....
Likely the profit margin is higher on them and they are targeting "customers who are likely to be male" (or something similar)?

Aaron Z

/ Trashy Ads #79  
I wrote before this particular vendor offers some odd things. Whatever these are, they are not connected to my search history. lol

Temu.jpg