Tree cutting accident

/ Tree cutting accident #351  
Working off the ladder you say ?? Men's back then where built differently.

1700423969338.png

/ Tree cutting accident #352  
   / Tree cutting accident #355  
The problem starts when you mix a chainsaw with ladders. Those guys don’t have chainsaws.
They wish they had chainsaws! I'm 71 & cut the top out of a tree with a chainsaw on an extension ladder Wednesday. It was up about 15ft. Those guys would laugh at that. I had a great-great uncle who would climb a factory smokestack with a board, lay it across top and do a headstand on it!

/ Tree cutting accident #357  
Working off the ladder you say ?? Men's back then where built differently.

View attachment 832854
Yes they were built differently - a lot smaller! There is no way my #00+ lbs would be held up by those little branches. Now my son climbs for a living but then it is his job - but most of the time he is in a boom truck - just a lot faster.

/ Tree cutting accident #358  
Yes they were built differently - a lot smaller! There is no way my #00+ lbs would be held up by those little branches. Now my son climbs for a living but then it is his job - but most of the time he is in a boom truck - just a lot faster.
Explain that to my wife. Her Dad, born 1912 was 6'6", 230. A fireman and not afraid of heights whatsoever. Local churches always got him to work on their steeples.

/ Tree cutting accident #359  
I think I will do the summer chaps thinking they will go over my weatherproof work pants?
Yes, all of the chaps I've owned have been for over pants, and the wrap style you're considering for summer use have adjustable straps that go around the legs to hold them on, open in the back.

1700459572624.png

I usually wear skidder's chaps, which are full pants with a bib, that zip up the back with built-in belt and crossing shoulder suspenders. They are without a doubt the most comfortable and best protection, but they are hot. Great winter pants, except when you need to piss in the woods (gotta drop bib front and try not to dribble on it), but not a great pair for hot weather.

1700459488315.png

/ Tree cutting accident #360  
Explain that to my wife. Her Dad, born 1912 was 6'6", 230. A fireman and not afraid of heights whatsoever. Local churches always got him to work on their steeples.
There have always been big men, but in fewer numbers. Look at any very old photos, and how commonly young people look downright gaunt by today's standards. They were lean, mean, manual-laboring machines, before electricity took over everything from doing laundry to providing our evening entertainment.