Tree Hugger gets last laugh .

/ Tree Hugger gets last laugh .
Ive been remiss , I have just found a photo of the new trailer I bought to cart Tree Hugger around with and I know how you guys like pictures :D. Not that it's done much carting lately , the economy has had a huge impact on my business . People are concentrating on paying the mortgage and feeding the kids , a few trees or a bit of scrub will just have to wait .

/ Tree Hugger gets last laugh . #42  
That's a great looking setup. It sure will make it easier to get to your jobs and be able to keep costs down on those further out jobs!!!

Eddie

/ Tree Hugger gets last laugh . #43  
An impressive complement of equipment, and a fine toyhauler to boot!

And I thought I spent a lot of $$$ on equipment in 2009.....!

VERY nice setup.

/ Tree Hugger gets last laugh . #44  
An impressive complement of equipment, and a fine toyhauler to boot!

And I thought I spent a lot of $$$ on equipment in 2009.....!

VERY nice setup.

Thanks chaps , they are all just expensive garden ornaments at the moment , I'm hoping for a better 2010 .

Here's another picture I just found , it's just after I finished painting Tree Hugger , sadly it will never look like this again .:(

/ Tree Hugger gets last laugh . #46  
Good on ya .:D

I want to add a tool of destruction to the front of the machine to chip/shred the trees . I want to be able to shear them off at ground level and feed them straight into a chipper of some sort below my feet . I thought about a tracked mulcher but I'm not impressed with them now at all . Felling a tree with one and then trying to mulch it while it's laying in the rocks and dirt is not a good plan . Being able to feed a tree into the chipper while it is still clean and free of dirt would be ideal . The hydraulic in feed rollers would feed it in while I grab another tree . I would think 2 minutes per tree for processing would be about right , as opposed to tens of minutes with a tracked mulcher . The only ones I can find that would work are the Lamaite screw chipper and the one pictured between the tracks which are PTO powered . I would need to drive it with a horizontal air cooled bus type engine with radio remote control . I wish I could just buy one turn key but it looks like I'll have to get the welder out . Is anyone familiar with the screw chippers ?

/ Tree Hugger gets last laugh . #48  
What about a tub grinder? You'd need your big rig to tow it, but from the ones I've seen working, they can handle just about anything that you can put into them.

There is one running that I drive past every day. They have a 24 ton Deere excavator with a dedicated graple that loads stumps into it all day long. The piles it builds are HUGE!!!

Yesterday I saw a city of Tyler dump truck with one massive stump in the back of it pull into there. That stump had to weigh 10,000 pounds. It was kind of amazing that it fit into the back of that dump truck. Actually, it sort of didn't fit, but it was close enough that they were able to drive there with it.

Eddie

Thanks Eddie , tub grinders are being banned in OZ because of the way they throw material in all directions when they get close to empty . The main reason I need this thing to be with me all the time is because when I'm clearing fence lines etc , I can be miles away from a road . Trying to follow my machine with a tree grinder/chipper etc through virgin country with creeks , rock ledges etc in the path would not be possible . I am also becoming popular with Avocado and stone fruit growers . My machine can pluck out diseased trees very economically but space is very limited . I did think about towing one behind the excavator but it would be a real mission getting it to follow where I need to go .