Trimmer built for women

/ Trimmer built for women #31  
Any updates on this thread. I just started looking for string trimmer.

/ Trimmer built for women

I would recommend the EGO. It’s my favorite. No gas or cranking lightweight and powerful.

/ Trimmer built for women #33  
I, too, prefer my EGO string trimmer.

/ Trimmer built for women #34  
Nuther vote for 20V WORX. Super light and adjustable. Enough power for anything a woman should be whacking. Guide bar keeps them from cutting stuff you don't want cut. Edger function not so much but having the wheels in the down position for trimming also helps relieve the stress of trimming.

If your wife likes to keep the patio and porch blown off I can also say the WORX 20V blower is the cat's meow. Enough force to blow all the dirt and leaves but weak enough it doesn't turn over the plants and other stuff they like to have sitting around.

/ Trimmer built for women #35  
I really am trying to find a gas trimmer. I have over 1/4 mile road frontage. It's a small farm with about 120 acres.

/ Trimmer built for women

Your in luck! The newest EGO string trimmer is on sale at Home Depot! $50 off
https://www.homedepot.com/p/EGO-56-...303419976?mc_cid=160e129980&mc_eid=5f8b50afdc

All the gas ones were too heavy for my mother, just get an extra battery. If you have woody brush in the fence line you will have to get a gas one with a metal blade.

I think 2 batteries should get 1/4 mile. After using one battery you will need a break anyways and put the used one in the charger, and keep going with the second battery, repeat if needed. I would highly recommend this set-up.

I have several of the EGOs, hedge trimmer, blower, lawnmower, weed eater, so I have plenty batteries and never stop.

/ Trimmer built for women #37  
In a sly effort to sustain my seat time I need to find a trimmer that will keep the wife busy and happy. I figure that there should be several requirements:

1. Light B&D 18v
2. Very easy start B&D 18v
3. Quiet B&D 18v
4. Easy string feed B&D 18v
5. Gas (2 or 4 stroke) Doesn't need any oil or gas

Your help will be appreciated if you can narrow my search.
Thanks.

I, like the others, recommend a strap that goes up around the neck and clips to about the middle of the grass whip length.

If you need a little more oomph, get a 40v whip. I've both. The 40v definitely needs the neck strap.

Ralph

/ Trimmer built for women #38  
Get the 40v whip. It'll have enough battery life to last. This is in reply to the guy with the 1/4 mile length to whip.

Ralph

/ Trimmer built for women #39  
Your in luck! The newest EGO string trimmer is on sale at Home Depot! $50 off
https://www.homedepot.com/p/EGO-56-...303419976?mc_cid=160e129980&mc_eid=5f8b50afdc

All the gas ones were too heavy for my mother, just get an extra battery. If you have woody brush in the fence line you will have to get a gas one with a metal blade.

I think 2 batteries should get 1/4 mile. After using one battery you will need a break anyways and put the used one in the charger, and keep going with the second battery, repeat if needed. I would highly recommend this set-up.

I have several of the EGOs, hedge trimmer, blower, lawnmower, weed eater, so I have plenty batteries and never stop.

I bought the 40v ones: trimmer and lawn mower that Lowes was selling the last few years. They last a while, especially the trimmer, but it only take the 2.0 amp hr battery, which is enough to do probably that 1/4 mile.

Most women have A LOT of trouble starting gas trimmers.

I cannot use gas engine ones now with an ICD doing my heart.

Ralph

/ Trimmer built for women #40  
I bought my wife a 60V snapper trimmer at walmart. She likes it.