Trimmer built for women

/ Trimmer built for women
Ha, I did not realize I started this thread 13 years ago and was looking at an 18V trimmer. Times have changed. Now it's 56 or more volts and and ah (amp hour) of the battery to consider. My black and decker was given to Goodwill after the EGO came out there is no comparison.

/ Trimmer built for women #42  
I haven’t found a battery felt a battery trimmer yet that’s lighter than my Shindiawa gas trimmer. I also haven’t found a head style that’s easier to use than the self rolling up bump head on the same trimmer. Some yahoo stole that one off my truck today, and I’ll be replacing it with the same model. Probably next order of business is making a clamp to lock the blower and trimmer down with.

/ Trimmer built for women #43  
I really am trying to find a gas trimmer. I have over 1/4 mile road frontage. It's a small farm with about 120 acres.

I have a number of trimmers, some expensive, some cheap. My WeedEater 25cc curved shaft trimmer is light (10 lbs), well balanced, very reliable (starts on 2nd pull every time, even after sitting for months) and inexpensive. I bought it thinking it would last 3-4 years, and it is still going strong after 12 years.

That said, the 40 or 80 volt electric trimmers will run for 60+ minutes on a single charge. I will be getting an 80 volt trimmer next time I need to buy one.

Consumer Reports rates the Stihl FS38 for $130 as its #1 trimmer.

/ Trimmer built for women #44  
I really am trying to find a gas trimmer. I have over 1/4 mile road frontage. It's a small farm with about 120 acres.
Get an 80V Kobalt from Lowes with 2 batteries. We have one of those and it will keep up with a Stihl FS-110. Make sure to get a harness. We have one like the Stihl "Double Standard Harness" and it makes a HUGE difference in running a trimmer for a while.
Double Standard Harness | Trimmer & Brushcutter Strap | STIHL USA
dblstdharness.png

Aaron Z