Trivial use of tractors

/ Trivial use of tractors #101  
[SIZE="+1"]I wonder if carrying a 450 pound oak entertainment center from the trailer we moved in to the deck (with a five foot lift) counts...

Currently I'm carrying the pile of boxes, furniture and junk that we dropped at the other end of the house around to the basement a bucket load at a time... a bucket full a day is getting it caught up nicely and gives me time to get things arranged in the basement between loads...

I spent a day carrying boxes on a handcart... about 90 feet one way.... until I looked at my tractor sitting right next to the pile doing nothing<g>

Seems like it's an awful lot easier to nudge landscaping rocks, pick up logs and most anything else around here that weighs more than a dozen pounds with my little TC30 New Holland...
[/SIZE]

/ Trivial use of tractors #102  
NH40 carrying a whopping ten 6ft metal T posts & driver 200yds from the barn to the garden - I thought aobut it driving over & decided why not, it's my tractor might as well use it instead of wearing myself out - it sure did beat carrying them :) :)

/ Trivial use of tractors #103  
Our house doesn't have Central Airconditioning. so, each spring, I use my tractor to carry the 4 airconditioners from the shed, 50' to the rear deck. Then, each fall, 50' from the deck back to the house.

Call me lazy, etc, I dont' care. I say it helps to save my back. :)

/ Trivial use of tractors #104  
Shoot....I use mine for anything that can remotely be associated to it. Why walk when you can ride? :D

I'll use it to go back to the garage for extra chainsaw gas. It's only 200' :D

/ Trivial use of tractors #105  
Scooped dead ground hog off road in from of the house and dumped it over the field for the vultures.

Moved metal lathe and small mill drill from garage to basement. Still took 5 friends and a lot of beer but at least they all are still speaking to me.:D

Local area has 4th of July parade and cook out who's origins started out as a bunch of locals on garden tractors and tractors doing the local loop show 4th Patriotism and to drink beer. Beer seems to be a recurring theme around here?:cool:

/ Trivial use of tractors #107  
My fence came down when a large Oak fell during a storm. I noticed a small herd of cattle were now grazing on what is my homesite circle. I used the tractor to "herd" them back through the opening. They were Longhorns so I wasn't to thrilled to get off and chase them on foot. LOL...I moved the dual grapples up and down to get their attention, and it worked.:)

Got them all back on the neighbors property, then used the tractor and grapples to move the Oak and finally fix the fence.

/ Trivial use of tractors #108  
I use it to recover deer rather than drag them, bring it to where I'm going to gut it, then use the FEL to hang it and load it in the truck.

Attachments

• IMAGE_00082.jpg
    IMAGE_00082.jpg
    383.2 KB · Views: 229
   / Trivial use of tractors #109  
Back when Hurricane Rita hit, we were without power for 8 days. My cousin parked his tractor by the house, ran an extension cord through the house, splicing in 12 volt automotive bulbs as he went, and used the tractor's charging system to keep the battery charged. It was hot as ****, but at least he and the family could see what they were doing at night. :D

/ Trivial use of tractors #110  
'Diller taxi service.

Jack

Attachments

• pa030014.jpg
    pa030014.jpg
    292.9 KB · Views: 219