Trivial use of tractors

/ Trivial use of tractors #113  
I lowered the suspension a little on my '04 H-D Lowrider. It never did fit on my portable jack/lift. Now it bottoms out hard trying to get it on my buddies lift table. I change the synthetic oil every 1000 miles. I was having to lay on my back and get oil all over because of the tight clearance between the bike and the ground with a homeade drip pan. I welded up some square stock, then topped it off by welding on angle iron and glued on some strips of thick rubber. I rigged up some 6M strand, and use my FEL to lift the bike about 36" off the ground. Since the tranny and oil pan are underneath, I can sit on a stool and do the service very easily. I won't do my friends bikes that weigh any more than mine this way, due to the 500lbs rating. When I pointed out yet another use for the FEL, my wife muttered something about getting rid of me, the Harley and the FEL. Some people you just can't reach no matter how much you love them!

/ Trivial use of tractors #114  
The only way to move a Piano! :D

Attachments

• Piano.jpeg
    Piano.jpeg
    15.8 KB · Views: 228
   / Trivial use of tractors #115  
Now there is a semi finalist if I've ever seen one.:D

/ Trivial use of tractors #116  
I don't know....a lot of these seem like darn good and justifiable uses to me. :D

Doesn't "trivial" mean things like checking the mail or bringing your wife a drink out in the garden? :D

I wonder if there really is a trivial use? not around here.

/ Trivial use of tractors #117  
When I don't feel like working anymore, I maneuver the tractor about 20 feet from the barn and hang the hammock between a barn pole and the ROPS.

Usually the hammock will sag pretty good at first - easy to adjust by simply moving the tractor forward.....

/ Trivial use of tractors #118  
Once I got tired of crushing food cans by hand to get more in the recycling box so I used the front loader instead. Fun for a while but not as efficient I have to admit.

/ Trivial use of tractors #119  
I wanted to do some work on my gas tank on my 77 dodge pickup where mice chewed wires and a slow seep and fuel gage don't work. I tried a bolt or two on removing the gas tank but I gave up on that so noticing only eight easy to reach bolts holding the bed on and having a tractor on stand by I just took the bed off lifting it with the fel and a 25 foot strap.

Another fun thing I did was place three large cedar poles 20 foot long and 12 inches diameter at the big end across a creek(ditch) 15 feet deep. I put a 3 foot chain near the end of the log and hooked the two hooks on the bottom lip of bucket. When I picked it up I could hold it perfectly horizontial to drive it to the ditch and lower it exactly where I needed it. I could also load it into my truck that way. That wasn't the first method I tried but play and learn.

We nailed the boards on the logs on our annual fall campout I took eight of my Grandkids on.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=89276&stc=1&d=1195011717

Attachments

• Hallow Camping 049 (Small).jpg
    Hallow Camping 049 (Small).jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 167
   / Trivial use of tractors #120  
I've used my 20' extension ladder in the raised bucket to rethread the lanyard on the top of my 30' flagpole. The aluminum pole sure is a lot more flexible than I first thought. Need to keep the tilt angle REAL small...