Troy-Bilt Horse engine swap

/ Troy-Bilt Horse engine swap #81  
   / Troy-Bilt Horse engine swap #83  
I re-powered my Troy with a $100 Predator engine from Harbor Freight. Went in pretty easily. All I had to do was get a 2" 5/16-24 bolt for the shaft that holds the pulleys. I have a factory Troy engine bumper (the red frame that goes around the engine to protect it) but I need to figure out what size bolts to attach it with. The old Tecumseh engine still runs well, but I prefer a modern engine so I don't have to mess with points, etc. All in, an easy and fun swap!

/ Troy-Bilt Horse engine swap #84  
Looks great. How long did it take you to do the swap?

/ Troy-Bilt Horse engine swap #85  
Looks great. How long did it take you to do the swap?

I took my sweet time and did it in less than 2 hours I guess, but a lot of that was goofing around. Honestly if I had to do it again it would probably be a 30 min job. I took the whole engine mount off (along with the old motor) and installed the engine mount on the new engine. I then put on the pulleys and put the mount back on the main tiller unit.

/ Troy-Bilt Horse engine swap #86  
Hello,

I'm also re-powering with a Honda engine
Did the Tecumseh HH60 engine have shims on the output shaft, I've seen where some have.
Troybilt does shows options for shims in their parts diagrams Can anyone tell me why they were used, are they necessary.

Much appreciated.