TruFuel 50-1or Stihl 50-1 or Red Armor 50-1??

/ TruFuel 50-1or Stihl 50-1 or Red Armor 50-1?? #91  
Just make your E-free pumps has it own hose. Other side of pump has hose for ethanol gas here.
Never a problem here and I still check to be sure somebody hasn't made mistake.

VP 40:1 for me in OPE and Gen and Boat just the efree.

I go through to much mix and efree to be paying for canned prices.

efree31022.jpg
vpracingoil.jpg

efreeyellow.jpg

/ TruFuel 50-1or Stihl 50-1 or Red Armor 50-1?? #92  
No ethanol free here at any stations.
Use the can gas for my big saw.
Mix my own with echo oil for everything else.
Everything still works and the plugs are not gummed up, but I usually run everything dry before putting away.

/ TruFuel 50-1or Stihl 50-1 or Red Armor 50-1?? #94  
Why's that?

/ TruFuel 50-1or Stihl 50-1 or Red Armor 50-1??
Using Tru-Fuel 50-1 or Red Armor (when I can find it). Sure it's expensive but I don't use all that much to begin with

Stihl oil is garbage, carbon in the exhaust port garbage.

/ TruFuel 50-1or Stihl 50-1 or Red Armor 50-1?? #96  
Like others have said about the Stihl Ultra oil, I was having carbon issues also. Changed over to Echo Red Armour and carbon issue went away. Have a local station that has 90 octane ethanol free gas with a dedicated hose to the pump so no mixing with other gasolines. All 2 strokes get the same mix @ 50:1. All my equipment starts and runs better since I made the change to Red Armour oil.

The other issue with Stihl pre mix oil is, it not only makes a lot of carbon but it clogs up the EPA spark arrestor screen (I run the arrestor screens in all my saws as a safeguard against sparks that may set the grass on fire when I'm cutting). Not sure why it does that (excessive carbon) but it does.

/ TruFuel 50-1or Stihl 50-1 or Red Armor 50-1?? #98  
Like others have said about the Stihl Ultra oil, I was having carbon issues also. Changed over to Echo Red Armour and carbon issue went away. Have a local station that has 90 octane ethanol free gas with a dedicated hose to the pump so no mixing with other gasolines. All 2 strokes get the same mix @ 50:1. All my equipment starts and runs better since I made the change to Red Armour oil.
My exact findings as well. Red Armor, or VP, i`m rockin the saws with ZERO issues anymore.

Spent the entire day(from 8AM until 4Pm) bucking oak and sasafrass trees today. Took my ancient 028 Stihl (I bought it new in 1975) and the little Echo CS top handle. Used the Echo to cut off suckers and the 028 for bucking logs. An extra loop for each and my trusty 1.5 gallon can of Synthetic fuel and a jug of bar oil.

Sennebogen demonstrated their forestry cutter (was told they sold 3 of them) and my buddy got the wood so I gave him a hand. Got a solid month's work to do. Cutting the logs into 17 foot lengths and loading them on a tri axle GN trailer. Al the twisted branches cut cut to 14" long lengths and loaded in his trailer.

Got to get a hold of one of my arborist customers, there is a huge pile of brush and limbs under 4" that will need chipped.

My rule of thumb is, when I start getting pitch buildup on the backside of the tooth, time to change loops.

Need to start using the Timber Wolf too. Great day and had fun and dinner was served too.

/ TruFuel 50-1or Stihl 50-1 or Red Armor 50-1?? #100  
I did not have problems with carbon buildup when running Stihl Ultra, but I did not run much of it. I only used it when I could not find the Husqvarna XP+ synthetic blend oil.

THe Husqvarna XP+ meets the JASO FD standard, which is higher detergency and less ash than the FB spec.

Stihl Ultra meets the JASO FB spec.

The lubricity requirements of FB and FD are the same, but FD spec calls for higher detergency, and has more stringent exhaust smoke and exhaust system blocking requirements.

There are rumors floating around that using Stihl Ultra in a Husqvarna saw will void the warranty due to the FB vs FD thing. I have not been able to confirm those rumors.