TruFuel 50-1or Stihl 50-1 or Red Armor 50-1??

/ TruFuel 50-1or Stihl 50-1 or Red Armor 50-1?? #81  
All the alcohols. Then we can turn up the compression. Boost and power !
no-way-monkey-xrq0wmu2g21cpka7.gif

/ TruFuel 50-1or Stihl 50-1 or Red Armor 50-1?? #83  
Serious carbon build up. Look around some of the pro arborist and chainsaw forums. There is TONS of information with why the oil is so bad. I noticed how carboned up my saws were getting. Then i started looking around some other forums for some answers, and there were many others out there that had issues with it, too. Many have said the cheaper Stihl oil was better than the ULTRA-HP. Some of the forums had the data sheets posted where what oil was rated and what ones weren't. Stihl ULTRA-HP is NOT "JASO FD" rated from what i`ve found out. Ever since i started using the Red Armor 2-stroke oil, i am no longer having carbon problems at all. (Red Armor also has fuel additives in their 2-stroke oil that keeps your gas fresh, ULTRA-HP does not) That alone convinced me that people knew what they were talking about, and why they won`t use the ULTRA-HP at all.

This was one of Stihl`s claims. Its right on their website!
"This fully synthetic oil is also highly biodegradable, degrading by 80% in 21 days."

I would post the forum links in here for you, but the ADMINS & MODS will likely frown on it.
Appreciate the reply… I bought Ultra because of the extended warranty but have yet to have a gasoline tool with a warranty claim.

Max I use is about 15 gallons of mix a year so I’m not qualified by experience.

/ TruFuel 50-1or Stihl 50-1 or Red Armor 50-1?? #84  
I know, I'm hoping it doesn't happen here
I have one fuel supplier about 10 miles away that sells the 91 octane ethanol free, but most places don’t carry it.

/ TruFuel 50-1or Stihl 50-1 or Red Armor 50-1?? #85  
I like the Tru-Fuel cans and try to keep a couple of them around for when I have to lend a saw to my sons. eliminates the worry of them "straight gassing" the saw. They are also handy when I anticipate the job may require more than a saw tank of fuel but less than a gallon. And they are easy to refill with my own mix. But to my dismay they start rusting on top after about 6 years.
I have used the tru fuel in my Echo weed wacker and found it to work well. But it is expensive, so I normally mix my own with ethanol free gas.

/ TruFuel 50-1or Stihl 50-1 or Red Armor 50-1?? #86  
mrmikey said:
I know, I'm hoping it doesn't happen here
It eventually did, can't get normal gas anywhere here now, it's all ethanol crap. People were saying Shell Premium....nope I even wrote Shell and their reply was all their fuel regardless of octane is mandated to have ethanol.
Brings on a whole new procedure for me now when putting away equipment for the winter.
Saws and trimmers (in which I've always used Echo two stroke oil and pump gas) used to fill them up, come spring they'd start right up no problem, now I'll run them dry. Pressure washer I'll have to run dry and coat the inside of the fuel tank, generator and Zt same thing, what a bunch of BS.
On another note about exhaust screens in two stroke's. I've owned my trimmer and saw for over 7 years now. Just took the exhaust screens out of both to have a gander. Both were perfectly clean, not a bit of carbon on either. I attribute it to the oil, Echo, and the fact I run them both wide open, the saw 100% of the time the trimmer 95%.

/ TruFuel 50-1or Stihl 50-1 or Red Armor 50-1?? #87  
I used to mix my own 2-cycle fuel using name brand oil (which one escapes me now) and non-E fuel for my Husky XPs, that were picky about their fuels. I stumbled onto an excellent Home Depot TruFuel sale eight years ago, and my stock of 2-cycle oil has sat unused since. I do not use much 2-cycle fuel these days and exceed TruFuel's storage times continuously, with no issues and all equipment start and run well.

I also use Mr. Funnel's fuel filters of various sizes with all of my stored gasoline and diesel.

/ TruFuel 50-1or Stihl 50-1 or Red Armor 50-1?? #88  
Old thread, but worth adding my 2 cents.
I strictly run VP 50:1 when i can`t find Echo Red Armor locally.
My saws love the stuff, and i`ve NEVER had any carbon issues with Red Armor 50:1, or VP 50:1.

You can get VP 50:1 (94 octane) right at tractor supply (at least ours carry's it)
You can get Red Armor 50:1 (93 octane) at most any Home Depot

I`ve tried mixing my own (non-ethanol) for years, the canned fuel is far better.
You`d have to buy your non-e gas from a dedicated pump to get a better non-e gasoline that is TRULY non-ethanol.

When you buy your non-e gas from a multi selection pump at the local gas station`s, that pump is going to give you some e gas in it until the hose and filter is cleared, and THEN, you`ll get your non-e gas coming out of the ground tanks. I`ve noticed many times buying non-e at the pump, my saws ran like sh*t, because there was some E gas mixed in it. If you don`t use a chainsaw much, stay away from the gas stations and just buy some VP or Red Armor for your occasional use.

VP & Red Armor:
Unopened - 5yr shelf life
Opened - 2 yrs shelf life

View attachment 806376
View attachment 806377
All be damned, I never thought about the fuel still left in the pump hose from the ethanol blends. I wonder how much 91 octane non ethanol fuel I actually got when I fill up a 1 gallon jug at the pump.

/ TruFuel 50-1or Stihl 50-1 or Red Armor 50-1?? #89  
All be damned, I never thought about the fuel still left in the pump hose from the ethanol blends. I wonder how much 91 octane non ethanol fuel I actually got when I fill up a 1 gallon jug at the pump.
I normally fill 2-4 five gallon jugs at a time so do not have the contamination issue. I run non-ethanol in the Mule and wood processor. Used to mix my own 2 cycle but have gone to pre-mix as I use so little of it now. My 2 cycle machines run better on pre-mix. I wait for sales and buy a gallon or two depending on how good the sale is.

/ TruFuel 50-1or Stihl 50-1 or Red Armor 50-1?? #90  
I notice more of a difference in the equipment the gas goes in having issues vs the ethanol content.

1985 honda 4 wheeler. Sits for 6 months to anyear. Fires right up.

Cheap replacement carb on my yamaha. Sits a month and the cheap pot metals are corroded down. I think the quality of the cast metal is much worse.

Lawnmower has a plastic carb. Doesnt corroded. But also never ran good from the start.