TSC is a coming

/ TSC is a coming #11  
And all i'm getting is a new Kohl's !! Well..... whats-her-name is excited anyway.

/ TSC is a coming #12  
I've got a wife and two daughters who like Kohl's. I'd never been in one until recently when I went in once with my wife just to see what it was. I guess it's alright, but at least I didn't spend any money there.:D

/ TSC is a coming #13  
Ductape said:
And all i'm getting is a new Kohl's !! Well..... whats-her-name is excited anyway.
Must be a "woman thing"!:D My wife wasn't the least bit excited about TSC and said "I wish we were getting a Kohls". I asked what was so exciting about Kohls and she says "clothes"! I guess just because I could buy my entire wardrobe at TSC does not mean she can!:D :D :D

Anbody ever see Carhartts at Kohls???:eek:

/ TSC is a coming #14  
I guess I am luckier than most people. I have three TSC stores each within an hours drive and a four more within 100 minutes away. The service level is vastly different from store to store. Far more so than you would expect from a chain. I guess some district managers are not doing their jobs so well.

The most aggravating thing is when you call store A and ask if they have something in stock. They say no but tell you that store B has 11 of them according to the state wide inventory system. You call store B and they have only 2 on hand. You actually drive to store B and find either none on hand or 20 piled up on a pallett. TSC has no clue what is actually in their stores.

The good news is that most of their stuff is very good quality, priced right and their catalog rates a solid 10. Use the catalog to get the item numbers and prices from their internet site before visiting the store.

/ TSC is a coming #15  
Bo McCarty said:
Ashland Ky, by golly is gettin' a Tractor Supply!! Life is GOOOOOOOOOOD!
The biggest problem I have with Tractor Supply Company, is how few parts they actually have for tractors.

//greg//

/ TSC is a coming #16  
Greg G: I am puzzled by your comment. The TSC's I have seen carry hitch parts, usually about 50-100 assorted ready to take home implements, a complete selection of hydraulic hoses and fittings, batteries, replacement seats, blades, oil & filters, hardware, tanks, sprayer parts, etc.

You will never find sheet metal parts such as fenders or rims just like you would not find Chevy items like that at a NAPA store.

/ TSC is a coming #17  
We used to frequent one that took a 45 minute drive. Then they put one up in Canton which is almost in my back yard. Life is good!

BTW: Guys when you're checking out at TSC and they ask you for your zip code, give them the right one. That's how the bean counters know where the next TSC store needs to be located. saturation

/ TSC is a coming #18  
gordon21 said:
Greg G: I am puzzled by your comment. The TSC's I have seen carry hitch parts, usually about 50-100 assorted ready to take home implements, a complete selection of hydraulic hoses and fittings, batteries, replacement seats, blades, oil & filters, hardware, tanks, sprayer parts, etc.
Not too puzzling. How many items on your list are actually tractor parts ?

It's a nice farm and hardware store - when competently manned and adequately stocked. Reasonable place to buy work clothes, entry level farm implements and tools, small quantities of bagged feed, a few animal husbandry items, nuts and bolts, lawn & garden stuff, et cetera.

My point is that it's ironic that they they call themselves Tractor Supply - when you consider what a tiny tiny percentage of their inventory actually goes on a tractor. A much larger percentage of their inventory can be had for less at WalMart.

//greg//

/ TSC is a coming
Ridgeman said:
Where in Ashland are they putting a TSC?

On Diederich Blvd., right across the road from Lowes, Kroger and next to Hobby Lobby, right beside US 23.... Down next to MTW, Rallys etc..
I hope you get the ideal.

The only ones 'round here now are Jackson, OH which is about an hour north of Ashland on a pretzelized twisting road, good ole Route 93. Or, about 75 minutes to Maysville, KY, or about 95 minutes to Winchester, KY.

/ TSC is a coming #20  
greg_g said:
Not too puzzling. How many items on your list are actually tractor parts ?

It's a nice farm and hardware store - when competently manned and adequately stocked. Reasonable place to buy work clothes, entry level farm implements and tools, small quantities of bagged feed, a few animal husbandry items, nuts and bolts, lawn & garden stuff, et cetera.

My point is that it's ironic that they they call themselves Tractor Supply - when you consider what a tiny tiny percentage of their inventory actually goes on a tractor. A much larger percentage of their inventory can be had for less at WalMart.

//greg//

I understand your comment. The name is better farm supply. Clothes, feed, nuts and bolts all in the mix. But look around and take stock. I bought BH blades, plows, baler parts, etc. Can't recall if I've seen a a PTO gearbox there or not. But no specific parts for tractors. But good in a pinch. I've got 2 close to me in Spring (north Houston) and one near the weekend place. If nothing else they close late on Saturday, most of the local tractor places close about noon on Saturday.

Oh and a footnote, if you get a store credit on a TSC card....be sure to use it soon, it expires in a year.