TSC is a coming

/ TSC is a coming #21  
RobJ said:
Oh and a footnote, if you get a store credit on a TSC card....be sure to use it soon, it expires in a year.

A year?? Rob I can't stay out of the place for more than a week at a time myself.

/ TSC is a coming #22  
we have one being built here in livingston ,tx. I'm like a kid in a toy store can't waite for to open have one about 50 miles south liberty under staff and one lufkin 50 miles north under staff hope this will be good . Jeeper

/ TSC is a coming #23  
I like TSC better than Farm and Fleet.

/ TSC is a coming #24  
PineRidge said:
A year?? Rob I can't stay out of the place for more than a week at a time myself.

Ah yes, that was pre tractor days. My wife bought my truck toolbox there, I traded it in on one that was a little different and cheaper. It sucked but I only lost about $15. I am there more often now. :( :)

/ TSC is a coming #25  
We have two ,one south 18 miles it is not that good one west 18 miles it is a big one lots of stuff in it .I have got some real good deals at the big one.

/ TSC is a coming #26  
I've found with our local TSC that when you go in has a lot to do with the service you get, I used to only go on a weekend, but had occasion to be there one time on a weekday - what a difference! Weekdays they actually staff the store, and with people who seem to know their stuff. Weekends, the best you get is a surly girl working the register who don't know nuttin!

/ TSC is a coming #27  
michiman said:
I liked TSC better than Farm and Fleet.
Myself I really like Farm and Fleet. They had a much bigger Carhartt section and were bigger overall. They all went under in my area of the country. TSC moved into a couple of the empty F&F stores and put up walls that made the interior smaller. I don't know if they needed less retail space or more warehouse space.:confused:

/ TSC is a coming #28  
michiman said:
I like TSC better than Farm and Fleet.

How about Rural King?
The closest one to me is about 90 minutes away... How do they compare to TSC?

Last edited:
   / TSC is a coming #29  
AndyM said:
How about Rural King?
The closest one to me is about 90 minutes away... How to they compare to TSC?
Same merchandise, same prices. Bigger stores, wider selection, more employees. I've got three RKs and 3 TSCs within a 60 mile radius of here, and the lion's share of my purchases are from RK.

//greg//

/ TSC is a coming #30  
greg_g said:
Not too puzzling. How many items on your list are actually tractor parts ?

It's a nice farm and hardware store - when competently manned and adequately stocked. Reasonable place to buy work clothes, entry level farm implements and tools, small quantities of bagged feed, a few animal husbandry items, nuts and bolts, lawn & garden stuff, et cetera.

My point is that it's ironic that they they call themselves Tractor Supply - when you consider what a tiny tiny percentage of their inventory actually goes on a tractor. A much larger percentage of their inventory can be had for less at WalMart.

//greg//

TSC has been around for a few years. I can recall when I was young, going to Louisville with dad to haul cattle to the Bourbon Stock Yards. There was a TSC just west of the stock yards, on Market Street. It was crammed with TRACTOR PARTS. (The sort of stuff TISCO sells now mostly) They had plow parts, engine kits for some popular models, muflers, tractor tires, and much more. The building is now a temporary home for battered women and children. (Ain't THAT a sign of the times.) The city bought it when the Bourbon Stock Yards closed. The owner (Who by the way, IS a TSC franchisee) opened a new store some 40 miles away in Shelbyville Kentucky. It's totally different than any TSC you'll ever visit. (He stocks far more than the normal TSC. Actually resembles an old fashioned feed store IN A NEW MODERN STRIP MALL)

Time takes no prisoners. What once was, is no more. There was a day when there were hundreds of thousands of small farmers that still made their living off the land. Nowdays TSC caters to a different crowd. Their new clientel wants horse feed and bird seed, lawn mowers and "western clothes".

They still carry a lot of "tractor parts" of sorts. Hydraulic cylinders, linch pins, seats, and sickle bar guards. They're trying real hard to be the WALMART of the mini-farm world.

I guess we have to take whatever we can get. In all likelyhood, there won't be an entire mall devoted to tractors and tractor parts.