Tires Turf tires for my Yanmar

/ Turf tires for my Yanmar
I believe the fronts were dragging slightly. I'm guessing they are a bit smaller in diameter than they need to be, so they are not quite covering enough ground per rotation. I don't suspect i'll need four wheel drive alot to mow.... so i should be ok for now. When i talk Whats-her-name into letting me spend the money on a FEL, i'll be sure to get the tire diameter straightened out.

/ Turf tires for my Yanmar #32  
Sounds to me like there is nothing wrong with your set up. Four wheel drive is intended to be used only when necessary. Not all time. If you are stuck use it, If your back wheels are spining use it, but not all time on level ground. Its going to mark the grass when you turn. To my knowledge you can't stop it.

/ Turf tires for my Yanmar #33  
In your picture it looks like the rear tires are pretty close in diameter to the ag tires that were on it. You front wheels look way too small. What I did on mine was rather than look for a set of tires for a particular tractor, I measured the diameter of the ag tires and got turfs the same diameter.

Eugene

Attachments

• 883019-N239.jpg
    883019-N239.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 611
   / Turf tires for my Yanmar #34  
I just purchased 8x16 turf tires from fredricks equipment for 122 each check out their website and call them

/ Turf tires for my Yanmar #35  
kmosabe said:
I just purchased 8x16 turf tires from fredricks equipment for 122 each check out their website and call them

I just bought 4 new turf tires and rims (26x7.50-12 front, 11.2x20 rears) on eBay. eBay Listing

The rears are 39" tall, the fronts are 24". They are very close to the same height as the 9.5-24 and 6-14 lug tires on my YM200BD now.

I have to change the bolt pattern and center hole diameter on the wheels. I drew up new centers using AutoCAD and will get them cut on a laser table. Then I can weld them into the wheels.

I figured for $152.50 it was worth it to change the centers.

The fronts have 6 - .58" holes on a 6" bolt circle with a 3.55" center hole.

The rears are 6 - .68" holes on a 5.5" circle with a 3.70" center hole.

/ Turf tires for my Yanmar #37  
Ernie, are those factory Yanmar rims? A goldmine for sure!

/ Turf tires for my Yanmar #38  
Dave we bought out a yanmar dealers stock 6 years ago, and these were in his backroom.