twine pricing suppose to rise

/ twine pricing suppose to rise #11  
1 thing that i forgot to mention is all the new balers are either twine or netwrap.now that being said most of the new balers will mess up using sisel twine.just as the older balers would mess up using the plastic.

/ twine pricing suppose to rise #12  
Never had a New Holland baler that cared whether you used sisal or poly.

We use sisal for everything but mulch hay...

/ twine pricing suppose to rise #14  
What? Who told you that??

ive heard of a few messing up,but that could be caused from dull cutting knives.i know you can thread them wrong an it messes things up.

/ twine pricing suppose to rise #15  
What? Who told you that??

Well... there has been talk here on TBN of a similar sort.

If you've got an older baler (square) and the knotter and twine disc are getting "tired" and won't consistently tie with plastic - go with sisal - and it'll tie like it's supposed to!

Couldn't vouch for that personally; but, my neighbor has an older, NH or Massey (not exactly sure - he's got it all painted over - totally in red) that won't work with plastic so he's switched over to sisal and it's workin' like new!

AKfish

/ twine pricing suppose to rise #16  
Well... there has been talk here on TBN of a similar sort.

If you've got an older baler (square) and the knotter and twine disc are getting "tired" and won't consistently tie with plastic - go with sisal - and it'll tie like it's supposed to!

Couldn't vouch for that personally; but, my neighbor has an older, NH or Massey (not exactly sure - he's got it all painted over - totally in red) that won't work with plastic so he's switched over to sisal and it's workin' like new!

AKfish

Which is sometimes the case and exactly the opposite of what bigbull posted.
A good part of my New Holland Certified Technician status was derived from my ability to repair & maintain small square & round balers. I'm not exactly posting out of left field on this topic.

/ twine pricing suppose to rise #17  
1 thing that i forgot to mention is all the new balers are either twine or netwrap.now that being said most of the new balers will mess up using sisel twine.just as the older balers would mess up using the plastic.

Everyone I know that doesn't net wrap uses sisal, I guess the dealer forgot to tell them not to.

/ twine pricing suppose to rise #18  
Most of my poly twine comes from Canada. There's a few guys that use sisal. They burn it and don't worry about fumes and leftover slag.

The local landfill recycles commercial fishing gear and will also take old plastic twine, too. That's were my twine goes.

AKfish

My twine goes down the road wrapped around bales ..last i see of it :)

/ twine pricing suppose to rise #19  
My twine goes down the road wrapped around bales ..last i see of it :)

Well.. I see most of my twine every day - just before the hay goes down the front end of some horses! Later on... I get to see what's left of that hay from the other end. :D

Not all bad, though. Neighbor came over yesterday; he's planting some of his starts for sale and his greenhouses. Hauled off quite a bit of that 2nd hand hay!

AKfish

/ twine pricing suppose to rise #20  
Which is sometimes the case and exactly the opposite of what bigbull posted.
A good part of my New Holland Certified Technician status was derived from my ability to repair & maintain small square & round balers. I'm not exactly posting out of left field on this topic.

I kinda figured that out... :D

AKfish