Price Check TYM Pricing on 273 and 273....

/ TYM Pricing on 273 and 273.... #21  
I have found a dealer in Oregon that quoted $20,000 for the T273 TLB and $19,000 for the T233. That was out the door.
My local guy was at $25,000 for the 273. I drove one today and it did impress me. I might be headed to Oregon soon. Deduct another $500 for a cash purchase with the TYM rebate program going on now.

/ TYM Pricing on 273 and 273.... #22  
Certainly a nice machine. If the size is right and $19500 is good to you, then I'm sure you'll be very pleased with it. BTW, beautiful country up there in Oregon. Wish I could be there.

/ TYM Pricing on 273 and 273.... #23  
Certainly a nice machine. If the size is right and $19500 is good to you, then I'm sure you'll be very pleased with it. BTW, beautiful country up there in Oregon. Wish I could be there.

/ TYM Pricing on 273 and 273.... #24  
a month ago in Eureka, Ks I was quoted $13,500 for a 233 w/FEL and $14,500 for a 273 w/FEL.
sounded like a good deal to me, just wasn't big enough to meet my needs.
I know it's a long ways from where you are, but that sounds like a pretty big jump in price even so.

/ TYM Pricing on 273 and 273.... #25  
Don't forget that the backhoe adds several thousands of dolllars to the cost. Probably about $6000 or so. That would make the price comparable, even in KS.

/ TYM Pricing on 273 and 273.... #26  
As somebody that has been on both ends of the purchasing of tractors and equipment, I see an oversight that a lot of people are making.

Just because somebody has got the lowest price, doesn't mean that you are getting the best deal. When most tractors are purchased, the buyer is planning on keeping that unit for at least 10 years. That means that you are going to most likely do business with the dealer for that time. I have found that the guys that tend to sell for the lowest prices don't always provide the best support after the sale.

Be sure to interview the dealer you are buying from. Make sure that he has good parts and service department. Ask to see his facilities. A good dealer with a good service department will normally be proud to show you around. If he doesn't he may be hiding something.

The last point I want to bring up is buying out of your area. Again, think about the next ten years. What are you going to do if you have problems. You are correct if you think that your local dealer will repair your unit. They will also most likely provide you with quality service AFTER they have taken care of there own customers.

I know this seems like a bit of a rant. But again, as somebody that has seen both sides, I have seen a lot more happy people coming and going from the quality dealerships than the shops that lowball everything.