Buying Advice Ugg.. How did you owners ever come to a decision?

/ Ugg.. How did you owners ever come to a decision? #41  
I have a Dilbert book at home entitled: "It's not funny if I have to explain it". Funny is in the eye of the beholder, though.
I'm guessing that graph, with appropriately relabled lines, would do for quite a wide range of complex issues/decisions.
You could almost just as well use this example, too:
http://magicanimation.com/misc/SidneyHarris_MiracleWeb.jpg
Making the "right" decision often boils down to resolving to NOT second-guess yourself after your purchase is made (that path leads to madness!!).
BOB

/ Ugg.. How did you owners ever come to a decision? #42  
As a guy that went through it recently, that graph was immediately laugh-out-loud funny.

My buy solution occurred above the requirements and spouse boundaries and below the loan threshold. Which put my purchase at the intersection of the desires and cash boundary near the bottom of the actual tractor prices after my patience was exceeded.

It was never so clear.

/ Ugg.. How did you owners ever come to a decision?
yeah ..got it there now... and yes i agree... it appears i'll be spending more that what had originally intended.... suprise suprise.

Humor is rarely universal.
There's always going to be someone who "doesn't get it".
That's okay.
Better to have folks not get a joke, than to have a bunch mad as **** because of it.

Point is, there's a lot of factors that go into the decision process for a major cost item like a tractor. And that item is always going to cost more than you want to pay. Given a field of 6 different manufacturers and 1 to 3 different models for each one, the decision point is going to start with a resounding no sale for all of them, and then increase in fits and starts until you reach a tipping point. And even after the sale, if you had a couple of other tractors that were almost at that buy point, then you're going to engage in various amounts of buyer remorse, no matter how happy you are with your new toy.

/ Ugg.. How did you owners ever come to a decision? #44  
yeah ..got it there now... and yes i agree... it appears i'll be spending more that what had originally intended.... suprise suprise.

Well, if it helps any, I initially wasn't happy about "needing" a tractor to do the work around the farm, although I was happy about the new "toy".

Now, after a couple years of easy snow removal, drilling post holes instead of digging them by hand, moving topsoil without breaking a sweat, etc, I'm really OK with the decision. It's made my life so much easier and made ugly jobs actually enjoyable, I wonder how we ever made do without it.

Sean

/ Ugg.. How did you owners ever come to a decision? #45  
I likewise wasn't happy with having to spend the kind of money I did on this SCUT.

But there weren't many alternatives, Big Box Store stuff was out..........I'm all too familiar with the products.

Zero turn was out, because I need a 'do-all' machine ie: mow, till, move snow, etc.

I compared the JD2305, the Kubota BX series, Cub Cadet/Yanmar, and the Massey. I ruled out the NH because the company seems to have an identity crisis or something, and when I see NH's sitting at every dealership..........I get leery.

The JD I walked away from because in my opinion, anything that is listed as a farm tractor, and has an aluminum rear end......ain't gonna cut it for me.

The Cub/yanmar was out because wifey didn't want a 'bumblebee' in her yard(and it wasn't comfortable for her).

The Kubota was nice, but we didn't like the location of the brake pedal.

I'm an 'over the road truck driver', so a machine that my wife is comfortable with was a must. Especially considering that she has had 2 neck operations, and 9 operations on her right arm and wrist. Her right wrist is 'fused', it won't bend.

There's my story, but it did take a year of talking before she went for it.

/ Ugg.. How did you owners ever come to a decision? #46  
I don't know about the other tractors but I can tell you of you go with the Kubota GL3240 (or larger) the only regret you may have is that you didn't get more HP. I looked at everything but Deere (no dealers close to me had a tractor of the size I was looking for in stock) and Kubota's GL line just had more useful options than any other brand.

/ Ugg.. How did you owners ever come to a decision?
Well, if it helps any, I initially wasn't happy about "needing" a tractor to do the work around the farm, although I was happy about the new "toy".

Now, after a couple years of easy snow removal, drilling post holes instead of digging them by hand, moving topsoil without breaking a sweat, etc, I'm really OK with the decision. It's made my life so much easier and made ugly jobs actually enjoyable, I wonder how we ever made do without it.

Sean

Good Stuff.. I think i've narrowed it down enough now to make a decision... likely sign papers on something next week.. (not sure if i wanted to end that line with hopefully or regretfully.. lol) ha ha bittersweet.

/ Ugg.. How did you owners ever come to a decision? #48  
I agree with SLHawkins. All the models you listed would get the job done for sure.

----------------------------------------
nike air max for cheap