Ugliest Car GM ever built

/ Ugliest Car GM ever built #101  
Not ugly, when I was a kid, we had one of these, really like that model. It was black and Dad had it repainted, my pet goat climbed on it and scratched the paint, he wasn't happy. He later traded it for a '40 Oldsmobile straight 8, he thought that car was really fast, had it to 85 coming home from Lou.

Attachments

• 39 Chevy.JPG
    39 Chevy.JPG
    149.6 KB · Views: 110
   / Ugliest Car GM ever built #102  
A 1940 Olds straight 8 would only do 85? My folks had a 1948 Oldsmobile 76, 4 door sedan that would do over a hundred. The 76 was a straight 6 engine that looked like this one, except ours was solid black.
Oldsmobile 76 / 78 4-door Sedan - 1948 | oldsads.org

Dad had traded in a Plymouth sedan on the Olds. I think the Plymouth was a 1940 model. Anyway, when he came home with that Oldsmobile with a hydramatic transmission, mother was mad at him and said he just bought that because he knew she didn't know how to drive an automatic (I think that was in 1952). Of course, she soon learned that she liked automatic transmissions.:laughing:

/ Ugliest Car GM ever built #103  
85 don't seem very fast now, but compared to the 39 chevy, it sure seemed fast at the time. I remember it had coil springs in the back and the shocks didn't work, had to be careful or it would get to bouncing and seemed like it would go on forever.

/ Ugliest Car GM ever built #104  
85 don't seem very fast now, but compared to the 39 chevy, it sure seemed fast at the time. I remember it had coil springs in the back and the shocks didn't work, had to be careful or it would get to bouncing and seemed like it would go on forever.

Yeah, I remember when my dad bought a 1936 Plymouth coupe from his best friend, had the engine overhauled and a new paint job, and later the friend asked how dad liked that car. Dad told him it was just fine, except for some vibration at 75 mph or more and asked the friend if he knew what was causing that. The friend said he guessed the car had never been run that fast before.:laughing:

/ Ugliest Car GM ever built #105  

Would love to have a dozen of these plastic Chevrolets. Nothing but good looks and $$$$$.
I know of a 66 427 / 425hp black vette that will make the red & blue lights shine.

/ Ugliest Car GM ever built #106  
They sure are pretty, but they are amazingly badly build cars. Just to get behind the wheel is a long process if you are taller than 6 feet.

And original suspension, frame, even the clutch linkage - what a joke.

/ Ugliest Car GM ever built #107  
And original suspension, frame, even the clutch linkage - what a joke.

What! You didn't like the six cylinder engine and drum brakes?:D

/ Ugliest Car GM ever built #108  
CORVAIR??? I always thought they were ugly and a bad idea!!