UHMW recommendations

/ UHMW recommendations #14  
You guys are reading to much from the sales department. UHMW and all polys are "thermo plastic". They are also 99% the same. That is if its HPDE, there isn't much difference in them from one manufacturer to the other. Black HDPE is what we use for most projects but I have used UHMH.. If I was dnw, I'd be looking for UHMW that's black which does has some UV stability to it.

/ UHMW recommendations
You guys are reading to much from the sales department.
I'm certainly no expert, so I am unsure as to what you mean by this?

If I was dnw, I'd be looking for UHMW that's black which does has some UV stability to it.

That makes sense, from what (little) I know about UV.

Thanks,
David

/ UHMW recommendations #16  
Over on the Kubota Owner/operating forum,member bumperm has done a nice job using UHMW on his Kubota blower.
I think it's titled Kubota snowblower modifying.
That should get you close for a search.
Interesting reading!

mv

/ UHMW recommendations #17  
The material sold by Poly Tech called "poly last" has UV inhibitors and comes in multiple colors including red and black.

/ UHMW recommendations #18  
I installed white, HDPE on a grooming implement once and will never do it again. Wasn't long before it cracked and fell apart from UV damage. All black colored poly's have carbon added to create that color which is also a modest UV stabilizer. So the black makes it a poor-man's outdoor HDPE :). Poly-last that Fat suggest would of course be the real thing. Nonetheless, I quit looking for, or paying the extra $$ for UV stabilized and just get black.

/ UHMW recommendations #19  
Was the HDPE on your groomer in a location that gets direct sun? Inside a chute should at least be shaded most of the time. I think I'm going to install something in one my chutes before next winter.

/ UHMW recommendations #20