Under cover (shed / barn / garage) vs tarp - any thoughts

/ Under cover (shed / barn / garage) vs tarp - any thoughts #11  
Welcome and nice tractor (I have essentially the same tractor and love it). For the size of your tractor I would consider a local shed builder that will just drop a shed on your property the size that you need. Custom Barns and Modular Buildings | Garden Sheds | Certified Homes

Another option go get a shed kit from Menards or a local lumber company and have them drop you a kit and have a couple buddies come over and build it over a weekend. Hopefully buddies who are handy.

I just would not want to tarp a nice tractor up in VT where you will likely get a ton of snow and winter elements.

/ Under cover (shed / barn / garage) vs tarp - any thoughts #12  
As a new ( to me) Massey SCUT owner, I wonder if anyone has any thoughts and especially experience comparing storage ??
Outdoors without cover is Certainly not going to happen.

Thanks to all.

It all boils down to money and the space you have available. If you can afford it and have the space -- no brainer ! Build a shed. You can work on it in a shed while working on it under a tarp is ...not going to happen. The goodies you buy to go with it can go in the same shed. The Vermont weather would make it even less of a question. If you have the space "pole barns" are relatively inexpensive, do the job really well and will outlast you.

/ Under cover (shed / barn / garage) vs tarp - any thoughts #13  
IMG_1464.JPGMy tractor in garage also.

/ Under cover (shed / barn / garage) vs tarp - any thoughts #14  
A good economical solution for you would be a used sea going container.
Like a trailer van...but without the wheels.
They come in 40' and 20' length, 8' wide x 8' tall, are cheap, sun, wind and rain tight, and you can lock the doors.
Worked great for me for nearly 10 years, before I had the budget to built a good size storage shed.

/ Under cover (shed / barn / garage) vs tarp - any thoughts #15  
I'm also in Vermont...a bit north of Sharon, BTW.
Most tractors set outside for extended periods of time...I reckon some do for their entire "lives" with no problems other than paint weathering.
That said, all of my tractors (I'm on my 4th Deere) have been in an attached garage except for my current machine (cabbed 4520) since it's too tall for the garage.
This is something I'm considering:
12'Wx2'Lx9'H Barn Style Portable Garage

/ Under cover (shed / barn / garage) vs tarp - any thoughts
I should clarify: I am parking my SCUT (MF GC2300) in my barn.
I am interested in your thoughts.
My question is "where / Joe do you park / store your tractor and why?"

Many thanks to all who are sharing their thoughts on this subject.

/ Under cover (shed / barn / garage) vs tarp - any thoughts #18  
3 car garage here. Keep mine in the garage. We have a pole barn but i store implements in that and other odds and ends. It really comes down to budget. Something is better than nothing. If i didn't have a pole barn or my garage. i would NOT use tarps as I would think that would be very inviting to rodents. Cheap carport or build a small shed yourself. If i didn't have a 3 car garage then i would be parking it in my pole barn but i would have plenty of traps for critters.

X2.

I have had rodent problems no end using tarps. if I didn't have a building, I would consider a lean-to off an existing building, or even a sheet of plywood or two on legs to keep it out of the sun. if it must be outside, the easier it is for predators etc to get at the mice and rats, the better.

/ Under cover (shed / barn / garage) vs tarp - any thoughts #19  
I should clarify: I am parking my SCUT (MF GC2300) in my barn.
I am interested in your thoughts.
My question is "where / Joe do you park / store your tractor and why?"

Many thanks to all who are sharing their thoughts on this subject.

Then I'm not sure why the question unless it is that you are thinking of not parking it in a barn.... if it were mine I'd keep parking it in the barn.

/ Under cover (shed / barn / garage) vs tarp - any thoughts
Good point.
The wife wants it parked in the barn.
I would prefer to park it in the garage, but there's not enough room in there for the tractor as well as the generator, her car and mine.
Thinking about a portable "carport" for the tractor and the generator, but I think it will be a hard sell.
That would make for easier access for both. Since we've already had a taste of snow and dark this year, I'm thinking about that more favorably.
But then, as I think about it more, a small shed that could be a playhouse for the grand-kid in the warm weather, --- that might fly!