Under cover (shed / barn / garage) vs tarp - any thoughts

/ Under cover (shed / barn / garage) vs tarp - any thoughts #21  
What kind of barn are you talking about??

If it's an unheated environment I much prefer a wooden barn versus a metal pole building. Much less condensation.

/ Under cover (shed / barn / garage) vs tarp - any thoughts #22  
Here is what I bought when we moved in it wasn't exactly cheap but I like it and I don't hate looking at it when I pull in the drive. I also like the dormer windows it lets a lot of light in during the day you don't need a light. This is 12 x 32 I believe.

Also in ohio I don't have to pay more taxes for an extra building. It has a wooden floor and I have built a lot of shelving in it along with a loft. I can get ton of stuff in it along with a tractor and a ZTR.

Attachments

• barn.JPG
    barn.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 298
   / Under cover (shed / barn / garage) vs tarp - any thoughts #23  
I park mine in a 12'x20' outbuilding to keep it out of the weather and out of sight.

/ Under cover (shed / barn / garage) vs tarp - any thoughts #25  
   / Under cover (shed / barn / garage) vs tarp - any thoughts #26  
I keep mine in a Shelter Logic SUV garage. I ran electricity to it via a heavy duty contractors' extension cord run in PVC pipe just under the surface of the driveway.
My 7 cats keep the mice at bay, along with the squirrels, rabbits and chipmunks.

/ Under cover (shed / barn / garage) vs tarp - any thoughts #27  
A good economical solution for you would be a used sea going container.
Like a trailer van...but without the wheels.
They come in 40' and 20' length, 8' wide x 8' tall, are cheap, sun, wind and rain tight, and you can lock the doors.

Did you have much of an issue with the interior frosting up in the winter? Or did you install a few vent panels to allow some air circulation?

/ Under cover (shed / barn / garage) vs tarp - any thoughts #28  
While this is the VersaTube shelter (purchased through Menard's) I put up for my wood pile, the tractor easily fits under it, even with the ROPS. I put mine on a concrete slab to reduce the problem of my wood sitting on dirt. However, a nice bed of gravel would work well for a tractor and would reduce the cost.

20160727_185636.jpg

/ Under cover (shed / barn / garage) vs tarp - any thoughts #29  
If you need it covered NOW. Get a big HF tarp.
If you do not have the high winds like the Midwest has you might consider a Hoop House until you can do better. The way I got permission and funding from my wife for my tractor dog house was to let her catch me measuring the patio door and the tractor and then said I just got a idea. Building a Hoop House - YouTube
And some black poly pipe and connectors.
And roll your own, I did for about $200.
138324d1251366520-temporary-shelters-tractors-2-jpg

attachment.php

It all boils down to money and the space you have available. If you can afford it and have the space -- no brainer ! Build a shed. You can work on it in a shed while working on it under a tarp is ...not going to happen. The goodies you buy to go with it can go in the same shed. The Vermont weather would make it even less of a question. If you have the space "pole barns" are relatively inexpensive, do the job really well and will outlast you.
Working under a tarp is easy if it's not resting on the machine. The Army does it all the time.

Another vender that James used was Shelterlogic at ShelterLogic Corp. | Shade, Shelter, and Storage

I keep mine in a Shelter Logic SUV garage. I ran electricity to it via a heavy duty contractors' extension cord run in PVC pipe just under the surface of the driveway.
My 7 cats keep the mice at bay, along with the squirrels, rabbits and chipmunks.
I eventually moved up to a Shelter Logic unit.

Now I've got 5,500 sq ft of "sheds"
attachment.php

Attachments

• 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    289 KB · Views: 415
  • outside-shops-cropped.jpg
    outside-shops-cropped.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 379
   / Under cover (shed / barn / garage) vs tarp - any thoughts #30  
In long term, outside storage, rodents are a danger to your tractor's wiring. Replacing a wiring harness is expensive in material and in time. Condensation in the fuel is another issue. Inside stored tractors command higher resale prices than outside stored tractors for good reason.

Kubota tractor is stored in my humidity-controlled garage, next to my Kubota RTV500 utility vehicle. ((When I owned a PTO powered chipper it was always garage stored too.))

The Ford Fusion and Subaru Forester live in the driveway.

I store implements under old style, impregnated, 18 ounce canvas tarps which I buy on eBay from Chicago Canvas. Heavy weight canvas tarpaulins do not require bungee cords to remain in place, even during hurricanes. (( I am 25 miles inland from the Gulf Coast. )) Canvas tarps keep implements dry and sap free, while allowing water vapor to evaporate. Unfortunately the tarps deteriorate in humid Florida climate. I have to replace tarps on a four year cycle.

By humidity controlled you mean a dehumidifier in a garage? Lol