Unusual applications of the FEL

/ Unusual applications of the FEL #21  
Great Picture.
Now tell us: did you buy a second tractor with SPRINGLOADED arms and bucket ( with pillows ) so you bride can catch him on the other side and your health insurance will not go through the proverbial roof ?

Never knew why you good folks needed two tractors on so few acres. Now we do. More design challenges ahead...!

/ Unusual applications of the FEL #22  
I used my loader to move a 300-400 lb freezer out of my grandmother's basement. It sure beat carrying it up the stairs.
20131218_194100.jpg
20131218_193935.jpg
20131218_192951.jpg
20131218_192157.jpg
20131218_191349.jpg

/ Unusual applications of the FEL #23  
Well, since this eleven year old thread got opened, I will show my unusual FEL with an unusual application.

The 4' box blade
P8040046.JPG P8040048.JPG P8040051.JPG P8040062.JPG

Spreading gravel.
P8290006.JPG P8290010.JPG P8290014.JPG P8290023.JPG

Gathering rocks.
P8040003.JPG P8040005.JPG P8040007.JPG P8040013.JPG

/ Unusual applications of the FEL #24  
Some one needs to tell Xfaxman the box blade is on the wrong end... :p

/ Unusual applications of the FEL #25  
   / Unusual applications of the FEL #26  
Don't know if it's unusual or not but I just used mine to chisel up the sheet of ice forming on my driveway and parking areas.
I turned the edge backwards for a good point of attack, used a bit of weight from the tractor to break through.....float and drive backwards.
Pulled the ice up very nicely.
Now I've got a clean driveway and parking lot.......for the first time in 30 years NO ICE!

/ Unusual applications of the FEL #27  
I used mine to unload a 10' sheetmetal break out of the bed of the truck... just because I could... and I was tired after a long day of work.

Not exactly unusual... just saved me some back strain. Like using it yesterday... lifted some lawn mowers into the barn loft for winter storage. Nothing people use their equipment for surprises me anymore.

/ Unusual applications of the FEL #28  
Don't know if it's unusual or not but I just used mine to chisel up the sheet of ice forming on my driveway and parking areas.
I turned the edge backwards for a good point of attack, used a bit of weight from the tractor to break through.....float and drive backwards.
Pulled the ice up very nicely.
Now I've got a clean driveway and parking lot.......for the first time in 30 years NO ICE!

Are you saying you adjusted the bucket curl to the "fully dumped" position?
(or almost fully dumped, basically just have it dumped so far the blade is aimed back towards the tractor)

If I understand correctly, I read a post on tbn suggesting that is usually prohibited on by owners manuals because you can bend the cylinders.

I assume you're floating only the lift cylinders - so they would not be harmed.

The pressure relief valve only protects you while the valve is open to drive the cylinder. When the curl/dump valve is closed, the hydraulic fluid is "locked" in the hoses and cylinders. There is no where for it to go, and no relief valve in the closed circuit. If the blade hooks on something (which it could easily do backing up with that angle), the curl/dump cylinder could see a big pressure spike. Making matters worse, the spike will be a compression load on the cylinder (I suspect you'll be more prone to bend them under compression than snap them under tension).

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong here, but you might want to be careful that.

Last edited:
   / Unusual applications of the FEL #29  
I raise the bucket up all the way and then go up to the hay loft and genly slide the 24' hay elevaor base into the bucket and lower it down gently. Works just as well putting it back. Maybe not that unusual but works like a charm.

/ Unusual applications of the FEL #30  
Pallet forks pallet, strap to secure pallet - mobile scaffold. Not all that odd, very handy.