Tractor Sizing Upgrading tractor - are my size and power thoughts on target?

/ Upgrading tractor - are my size and power thoughts on target? #21  
I'm not familiar with prices of tractors in those sizes, but there shouldn't be $3,000 of difference between the Kioti CK35 and the LS3033G. Does the Kioti have some goodies that the more basic G series LS is missing?

/ Upgrading tractor - are my size and power thoughts on target? #22  
I'm not familiar with prices of tractors in those sizes, but there shouldn't be $3,000 of difference between the Kioti CK35 and the LS3033G. Does the Kioti have some goodies that the more basic G series LS is missing?

I'm not sure of specifics, but in general Kioti tends to run $2K more for the same size machines compared to LS...ballpark. Throw in a few features and you could easily see $1K difference.

/ Upgrading tractor - are my size and power thoughts on target? #23  
When I bought my Kioti DK50SE, the LS R4047 was a little less expensive and had 2 remotes standard instead of one. But the Kioti had the rear 3 point lever and also had a higher lift height on the FEL. It was pretty much a toss-up feature-wise. So, yes, I can see that the Kioti could be more expensive.

To the OP: Money aside, LS and Kioti both make great tractors, so it's hard to make a bad choice between the two so long as both of them fit your needs.

/ Upgrading tractor - are my size and power thoughts on target? #24  
When I first read your post listing what you would like in a new tractor I immediately thought kioti ck 30 or 35. I have heard good things about LS but I don't think there loader control is integrated in to the tractor. I think it's mounted on the loader frame. Not a big deal but I like the Kiotis integrated design it makes it easy to get on or off either side. Not sure about LS but kioti ck has a lot of nice standard features like a nice floor mat, and telescopic hitch links. Either way have fun and post up some pics of what you decide on.

/ Upgrading tractor - are my size and power thoughts on target?
Well I made my decision. I hadn't heard back from the LS dealer so I don't even know if he'll be getting a HST, and only tested the shuttle which I didn't like. Besides, I was just really impressed with the Kioti. It was comfortable, felt the most stable/solid of the bunch, and had a lot of nice features. I really like the 3ph on the Kioti. So back to the Kioti dealer I went. Took another test ride, took a really hard look at each and every feature, and decided that's the one for me. A little more negotiating and I was able to get him to throw in the 50 hour service and rear remote hydraulics at no charge, and he'd already offered free pickup/delivery service as long as we're all in the same location. I've been looking at 3 point mounted log splitters so the rear remote will save me from messing around with that myself, I'm no mechanic. I will need a 2nd Kioti hat since my wife promptly snatched the one he gave me before I left! :mad:

It was dropped off last night. I am excited to start putting some hours on it. So many projects that have been on hold waiting until I purchased a new unit. Thanks so much to all the input I received in this thread, it really made me think and rethink some things about my purchase and needs. While it may seem I made a quick decision/purchase, I've been researched new tractors for a good 2 years now, it was just finally the right time for me to purchase. Time to start posting in the Kioti subforums!

So I moved my old guy out of the barn to make room for the new, and snapped a quick pic while they were parked side by side. This simple picture really shows just how much I needed something better, and how much more I ended up with, all said and done.
tractor-old-new.jpg

/ Upgrading tractor - are my size and power thoughts on target? #26  
Congratulations on your new tractor, if you don't have one, one of the handiest things I ever got was a hydraulic top link especially for a box scraper.

/ Upgrading tractor - are my size and power thoughts on target?
Congratulations on your new tractor, if you don't have one, one of the handiest things I ever got was a hydraulic top link especially for a box scraper.
Oh I didn't know about those, looks like a very useful addition. Looks like if I were to get top and side links, I basically wouldn't need to hop off the tractor to adjust angles at all. Interesting, with the L235 I could adjust top link while seated by reaching back, but I doubt I can reach it with the new tractor.

/ Upgrading tractor - are my size and power thoughts on target? #28  
Congratulations! Nice looking tractor. Do I spy a carry-all frame in the background? That will make for a useful addition.....they come in handy and are a"low-cost" implement.

/ Upgrading tractor - are my size and power thoughts on target? #29  
I'm not sure of specifics, but in general Kioti tends to run $2K more for the same size machines compared to LS...ballpark. Throw in a few features and you could easily see $1K difference.

When I was looking for new last year it seemed just the opposite was true around here. Every LS was just slightly more than the Kioti but I guess we can toss that up to the area or the dealer.

/ Upgrading tractor - are my size and power thoughts on target? #30  
Congrats on the new machine!