Use of Pat's Easy Change System on Kubota with extension arms

/ Use of Pat's Easy Change System on Kubota with extension arms #11  
They are a huge advantage to me with my setup, however I never considered your dilemma with implements that have fixed pins compared to quick hitch applications.
I believe Pats are more beneficial to those who dont have adjustable / telescoping lift arms like you have and/or possibly telescopic stabilizers.
I hope you get it all worked out to your advantage.

Exactly. I'd never **ck around with Pat's if I had the telescoping lift arms. Why bother? Just back up within a inch or two and lower arms below pin an inch or two. Extend, lift, slide on.

Why bother with the Pat's adjustments (20 bolts/nuts to wrench per lift arm) when readjusting/realigning them when going from a Class I to Class II attachment and the angle of lift arms changes. Or dealing with the soft bolts they sent that bent within 5 hours, or their "special washers" that pop off and leave your mower half fallen off on a side hill.
Don't get me wrong, Pat's is VERY convenient for quick hitching when you figure the pitfalls out.

I really should of ordered my tractor with telescoping arms, but at $400 apiece (or $800? Does it really matter at that point?) aftermarket, for what is really just one green metal bar with an insert is ridiculous.

Last edited:
   / Use of Pat's Easy Change System on Kubota with extension arms #12  
I have both setups and don't see them as being compatible...you use one or the other.

/ Use of Pat's Easy Change System on Kubota with extension arms
I have both setups and don't see them as being compatible...you use one or the other.

Wasn't planning to use both. It's just that I couldn't see getting a good fit because of the extension system. I buggered my leg and haven't been back out to try other-side-up.

/ Use of Pat's Easy Change System on Kubota with extension arms #14  
Wasn't planning to use both. It's just that I couldn't see getting a good fit because of the extension system. I buggered my leg and haven't been back out to try other-side-up.

Did you call Greenwell????

I do not think you will get those to work properly.

They have weld on ends so they could still be fabricated easily.

No I did not call Greenwell yet. I wanted to try the U-Bolts other way around first to make sure I wasn't able to use as-is.

I tried on Monday - no way they can be made to fit with any degree of confidence.

Since I bought them through TBN, I wrote for return instructions. Still waiting since Tuesday AM.

/ Use of Pat's Easy Change System on Kubota with extension arms #16  
No I did not call Greenwell yet. I wanted to try the U-Bolts other way around first to make sure I wasn't able to use as-is.

I tried on Monday - no way they can be made to fit with any degree of confidence.

Since I bought them through TBN, I wrote for return instructions. Still waiting since Tuesday AM.

Here is a pic off the tractor

Attachments

• Pats 6-19-2009 (3).JPG
    Pats 6-19-2009 (3).JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 95
   / Use of Pat's Easy Change System on Kubota with extension arms #17  

I bought a set of extension arms from local Dealer and have weld-on PATS that I will weld on the old extensions. The slide out require 2 in/out to hook up ( out to extend and connect, in to back up to lock, out to connect toplink. The PATS will connect to implement and lock, out once to connect toplink.
I have a big disk and a subsoiler that really give the bolt on PATS a beating. Rest of implements work well on the PATS.
When the subsoiler is 2 feet in the ground and spewing up chunks of soil gallon bucket size, the PATS will move around. Doesn't really matter till I am trying to level a implement and the slack in one side makes it impossible.
This is my choice to have 2 sets of extensions for different needs.

Here is a pic off the tractor

If I am understanding correctly, these completely replace the stock extension pieces. That would make sense - I was expecting that I would need to cut and weld the Pat's pieces onto my stock extensions.

When the subsoiler is 2 feet in the ground and spewing up chunks of soil gallon bucket size, the PATS will move around. Doesn't really matter till I am trying to level a implement and the slack in one side makes it impossible.
This is my choice to have 2 sets of extensions for different needs.

If I am understanding correctly, the Pat's system does not have a tight tolerance as far as precision goes. Not sure that matters for what I use my 3 PT for, but if that's the case, for sure a consideration.

/ Use of Pat's Easy Change System on Kubota with extension arms #20  
After researching them I decided to go with a regular 3pt quick hitch. I didn't see the advantage of Pats over the quick hitch, but I am sure Pats are good.