Use of Pat's Easy Change System on Kubota with extension arms

/ Use of Pat's Easy Change System on Kubota with extension arms #21  
The PATS work great. I need a solid Cat 2 connection on a disk and the subsoiler. The stress on the bolts used to align the PATS have taken a toll over the years.
My solution is a direct connection by welding to new extensions that the ball joint will be cut off and re-welded. I still have a OEM extension that will be used on the bigger Cat 2 implements.

I really like the PATS system and the ease of connecting.

PS The set of Pats that are beat up are recyclyed from a smaller tractor when I traded up. Never had any issue till I put on the 8560. Still beats the heck out of a fixed QH!!

/ Use of Pat's Easy Change System on Kubota with extension arms #22  
After researching them I decided to go with a regular 3pt quick hitch. I didn't see the advantage of Pats over the quick hitch, but I am sure Pats are good.

Only advantage I have found is PATS fit EVERY piece of equipment in the yard. A QH will only work on some, rest would have to be modified. JMHO

/ Use of Pat's Easy Change System on Kubota with extension arms #23  
If I am understanding correctly, these completely replace the stock extension pieces. That would make sense - I was expecting that I would need to cut and weld the Pat's pieces onto my stock extensions.

I bought these from Greenwell just as you see them about 12 years back. If they do not have them any more, you can get weld on ends and piece of flat stock & weld up up you own.

As you can see it is a very simple thing to build.

/ Use of Pat's Easy Change System on Kubota with extension arms #24  
Only advantage I have found is PATS fit EVERY piece of equipment in the yard. A QH will only work on some, rest would have to be modified. JMHO

Probably true on older attachments. Most new attachments work quite well with quick hitch. I am sure there are advantages and disadvantages with both though.

/ Use of Pat's Easy Change System on Kubota with extension arms #25  
I find all the bolts and keepers on Pats to be "optional" for my use. None of those alignment bolts are going to hold back a 2000 lb rear blade with a good angle on it. So I don't even try, I just backed them all out and have my flopping around back there with the cat 2 pin being the only thing that holds them on. Which, incidentally, is, no matter how many bolts you put in, the only thing that's actually holding it on. Yes, sometimes they get in strange positions and I have to give them a kick. Most of the time the "play" lets me attach anything, wide/narrow/middle without even getting off the tractor, just get it close and lift, the play allows the hooks to pivot into the right position and then, like magic... Connected.

I had a cat 1 set where I put all the bolts in. PITA. They bent. And I needed to move them around if I changed the angles too much. On my cat 2 set, I didn't even bother taking the blots out of the box. Put the big pin in, made sure it was secure, called it a day. Been working great for 2+ years now. If they broke tomorrow, I'd buy another set and do exactly the same thing.

/ Use of Pat's Easy Change System on Kubota with extension arms
I had a cat 1 set where I put all the bolts in. PITA. They bent. And I needed to move them around if I changed the angles too much. On my cat 2 set, I didn't even bother taking the blots out of the box. Put the big pin in, made sure it was secure, called it a day. Been working great for 2+ years now. If they broke tomorrow, I'd buy another set and do exactly the same thing.

May be a "boxers vs briefs" issue...

:laughing:

/ Use of Pat's Easy Change System on Kubota with extension arms #27  
May be a "boxers vs briefs" issue...

:laughing:

Or, in my case, more like boxers vs commando. (Bolts vs no bolts at all). ;)