Used CUT prices in current recession

/ Used CUT prices in current recession #21  
When I checked Craigs list the other night, there are a lot of CUTS on the market, more than I normally would see.

/ Used CUT prices in current recession #22  
I tried that search and didn't find one in NorCal

The search I mentioned gives an idea of the used CUT market in the US.
The Bay Area CraigsList shows numerous and attractive deals on used
CUTs, and has for about a year. Many sellers choose not to pay the eBay
listing fees and "go national" in this slow market. Furthermore, most tractor
sales are still to local buyers, I am sure. Even when I sold tractors on
eBay, the buyers were local.

/ Used CUT prices in current recession #26  
Anytime you see a gmail address be carefull "erickmada@gmail.com" these are often scams

/ Used CUT prices in current recession #27  
That's funny, I have been using Gmail for years now. I always thought it was the Hotmail accounts that were sketch but our kids use that.

/ Used CUT prices in current recession
Whether it's gmail, hotmail or any other free email service really doesn't matter. The scammers know where all the free email services are and quickly switch from one to the other. Both those ads are obvious frauds, partly because of the price, but also because they want you to use their private email rather than use the craigslist generated email at the top. Always flag these ads when you see them, I do. If you are at all reluctant to flag the ad, try getting your own separate email address on gmail, and use it to respond to them, and ask where you can see the tractor. If they say you can't see it cause it's in another city ready to ship, you know it's a scam and flag every ad that uses those photos and that email address.

That is, if you want to play Wyatt Earp.

/ Used CUT prices in current recession #29  
Right now, in the used market, cash is king.

If someone has lost a job and tractor payments are eating him alive, he will sell for a "motivated" price. Be patient and don't be afraid to make low offers. Sooner or later you will find someone who is going to take the assurance of selling the tractor rather than seeing it taken back.

Are you doing him a disservice? I don't think so, he is selling into a competitive market. It may be the better of two bad choices, but it it is still better than the alternative.

/ Used CUT prices in current recession
You're right Curly Dave. It's not taking advantage if the person selling has their eyes wide open